Sentinel gate system issue with satellite lots

Options
Orkocean
Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2017 in Miscellaneous Discussions
My apologies first off for posting in this forum but it will not let me post in the sentinel forum.

Does anyone here run winsen sentinel gate software across remote properties via one main office and have success with it? We have 4 locations all ran by 1 office up and down the main street here and the software will not connect to the 3 other keypads. Our gate vendor has worked on it multiple times, they've contacted winsen who told us it was AT&T issue, AT&T who told us it was a winsen issue and then they got everyone on the phone at once to get it figured out only to be told by all parties everything "looks correct" and they don't know why it wont work. We've been stuck using a default code for all tenants on the 3 remote properties for over half a year now which I'm sure every single one of you could agree is a security nightmare scenario just waiting to happen. At this point the gate vendors have given up and want the owners to switch to PTI *which I would love but they're not ready to bite that bullet yet*. Some of the last updates I had was that "winsen can't handle remote properties" which I don't understand since from what I was told they operated that way for over 9 years here without issue.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Orkocean posting your question here is perfect, no worries :) The Sentinel page is read-only at this time.
  • David_McCormack
    David_McCormack SiteLink Employee, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    If I had a good guess, I would share it. :( 

Have you tried asking the question over in the gates/access section? Those experts might only be monitoring their section, and not see this right away. 

https://storageforum.sitelink.com/categories/gates-access

David McCormack

SiteLink Software | Director of Sales
    919-865-0789 opt1 | Contact Sales 

• LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Orkocean said:
    My apologies first off for posting in this forum but it will not let me post in the sentinel forum.

Does anyone here run winsen sentinel gate software across remote properties via one main office and have success with it? We have 4 locations all ran by 1 office up and down the main street here and the software will not connect to the 3 other keypads. Our gate vendor has worked on it multiple times, they've contacted winsen who told us it was AT&T issue, AT&T who told us it was a winsen issue and then they got everyone on the phone at once to get it figured out only to be told by all parties everything "looks correct" and they don't know why it wont work. We've been stuck using a default code for all tenants on the 3 remote properties for over half a year now which I'm sure every single one of you could agree is a security nightmare scenario just waiting to happen. At this point the gate vendors have given up and want the owners to switch to PTI *which I would love but they're not ready to bite that bullet yet*. Some of the last updates I had was that "winsen can't handle remote properties" which I don't understand since from what I was told they operated that way for over 9 years here without issue.
    I realize this is an old post. I was thinking about going with setinel. We also have sites up and down the road, but they are all hardwired to the main office. Were yours hardwired and did it ever work out?

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads