How to take a pre-payment for customer before move-in

cgothard
cgothard Registered User
edited June 2017 in Lead to Lease
How do you do a credit card pre-payment for a customer who has a reservation but is not moving in yet?
Tagged:

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could do a reservation amount for the entire amount that would be needed. Then once the move in occurs you could apply it towards the unit.
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orkocean said:
    You could do a reservation amount for the entire amount that would be needed. Then once the move in occurs you could apply it towards the unit.

Sounds good @Orkocean!
  • jcatt
    jcatt Registered User
    I do not feel the full commitment is made until the potential tenant signs the self-storage contract, and it is at that point that I run their credit card for payment.  I do not want to be in a position to have to back out the payment if the commitment is not firm. 
  • jcatt
    jcatt Registered User
    If I have an existing tenant, and I held a unit on reservation, in Leads to Lease, for a second unit and now I need to install the new move in, how can I be sure that his current unit is related with this new unit?
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you entered their info using " look up existing" when you made the reservation and selected them... The accounts should be linked when you convert the reservation.
  • AKKathie
    AKKathie Registered User ✭✭✭
    @jcatt - Just in case someone is searching this info, as @skinman said - enter their name and search - when the list of customers with name comes up, choose the current customer, double click and always choose NO - this will create a new reservation with all the current customer's info populated automatically.  It will add the new unit to their current account when they move in.  
    Sometimes when a current customer makes an online reservation which then is NOT linked to their current account, I have to go in and redo the whole thing so they link.
    @cgothard - You can do a premove in by changing the move in date under Starts in the Move In window.  Unfortunately, this is a set in stone thing.  They will not be able to access the gate sooner than that if they change their mind.  I guess you could let them in manually during office hours.
    I agree with @jcatt in that it is risky and they could come back and say, "Nevermind" and want a refund.  This would create undo work for us, so we try not to take money until the actual move in.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads