Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to StorageForum!
If you're new take a look at the StorageForum Terms of Use and don't forget to check out Daily Dilbert!

Which reports do you use for audits?

Sue_CSue_C NADaily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
Do you use certain reports for audits? What works for you?

Comments

• SeanL_ESMSeanL_ESM LARegistered User
    Management Summary of course...Walk-Thru report is great for conducting a complete inventory...Price List is very useful for a quick overview of individual unit size vacancies...Marketing Summary can be extremely helpful as well. 
  • OrkoceanOrkocean CARegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

Quite a few but move ins / move outs and I'd usually check a couple months worth. It's surprising how many managers feel the need to cheat the system and do fake move ins and then not even be clever about it. I think the biggest "OMG WTF" moment I ever found was a manager who had a unit "sold" at auction, the buyer instantly rented the unit, never paid more than about $20 upon the rental then they got "sold" in auction, new buyer did the same exact thing, went to auction again then magically is out of the system with no notes before auction date and rented back to the ORIGINAL tenant. So no real rent paid for about 9 months. All of this came up prompting a in depth look after the tenant had a falling out with the manager and told how she was paying him under the table the entire time.

• ClimateguardClimateguard ALRegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Site Inspection Report, Occupancy Statistics are a couple of my favorites.