Computer specific settings?

Options
We are forced into using Outlook for email because SiteLink, to my knowledge, does not support authenticated SMTP, which our provider requires.  The problem is the only copy of Outlook is on the main office machine, but NOT on my personal laptop(which is the only one I have that can do remote support).  Is there a way to configure individual installs to NOT use email, or is that option company/location wide?

Comments

• Ron
    Ron Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We use Mozilla Thunderbird for our email, company and personal. I have web edition on my personal laptop and home pc for remote support. It all works together. 

• alaskanb3arcub
    alaskanb3arcub Registered User
    Options
    Unless I'm misinterpreting things, you are using the built in SMTP client(which I can't seem to get to work with Secure Password Authentication), and then accessing it using Thunderbird for other things.  The company I support only has Outlook on 1 computer, but I'm seeing errors(if I red the logs right) that reference email functionality on machines that do not have Outlook.
  • Ron
    Ron Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Try switching the office computer from Outlook to Thunderbird. Having Sitelink set up for Outlook on one would require it on all. 
  • alaskanb3arcub
    alaskanb3arcub Registered User
    Options
    Eh, as it turns out I was mis-translating the instruction for Outlook connections in relation to what was needed for the built in SMTP.  No more reliance on Outlook as third party. YAY!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads