ACH Payments, and "ACH Get Returns" working properly?

kenmore
kenmore Registered User, myHub Certified ✭✭✭

We have been getting ACH payments rejected after being processed in Sitelink & Sage, but we only discover them when doing bank statement reconciliations. We are getting no notifications from Sage or Sitelink that the ACH payments were rejected. I always thought the "Get ACH Returns" function would show me any rejected ACH payments, and that there was a mechanism to get an email or other notification that an ACH payment was refused/rejected/returned. Has anyone else had issues with this?

Tagged:

Comments

• kenmore
    I have since discovered that email notifications from Sage are not automatic, and must be requested via a Trouble Ticket at Sage Support. However, does this automatically feed back in the ACH Get Returns task? Do I process a rejected ACH like a NSF check? Anyone, Bueller?
  • Csterm
    Csterm Registered User
    I seem to have the same problem.  It would be great to know about these before you balance your bank statement. 
  • Garrett_Boone
    Garrett_Boone SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    ACH Get Returns will find any rejected payments. To use this feature, double click on the Reminder which will take you to the ACH screen. On the right hand side there is a button labeled "Check For Returns." By default the date range covers the last two weeks, but this can be adjusted to search a wider range. Click Check for Returns to start the process. This will search for any ACH payments in that period that have been returned by the processor, and automatically reverse the payment in Sitelink.
  • kenmore
    We have discovered that 1) the ACH search doesn't return the same results every time, and 2) that they aren't automatically reversed in Sitelink. The only accurate report we can rely on is generated in Sage under Reporting ==> EFT Rejects. It almost never correlates to the same search done in Sitelink.
  • kenmore
    Update: you can get email notifications from Sage about "EFT Rejects" (same as ACH Returns, but more accurate). The administrator for the Sage account must submit a Trouble Ticket to Sage to request to activate email notifications. Weird, I know, but that's the way it is.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads