Sitelink crashing since windows 10 update on laptop

Orkocean
Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone had issues with windows 10 and sitelink crashing? I completely just reinstalled sitelink on my laptop that I've been using it on for over 4 years now and still get the same result. It loads normal but the second it finishes loading and pulls up the main screen in instantly crashes. It's been doing this since the last windows 10 update, curious if anyone else has had this and no the cause/fix? It's just a side computer I use it on for when i'm working at home and all so I havn't bothered reaching out to techs as of yet.

Comments

• PhilR
    PhilR Registered User ✭✭
    I use Windows 10 at home and haven't had an issue. I run Windows 10 on my tablet at work and it's up to date and haven't had any issues there either. Just to get you by why not use the My Hub edition for now until the issue with the web edition can be resolved?
    Phil Rankin
    Site Manager
    Guardian Secure Storage Tauranga
    phil@guardianstorage.co.nz

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

Odd, might just be something funky with my laptop then. No need to get by, like I said it's just for tinkering really. I do use the myhub to tab between sites quickly when digging into issues, sometimes it's just nice to have the full program to look over things :)

• ivymorris55
    ivymorris55 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified
    It could be that you have to much stuff on your computer. Get a external hard drive, and put the things on the external hard drive the things you do not use that much your computer will work better and not crash on you. 
  • Garrett_Boone
    Garrett_Boone SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Hi @Orkocean

Is your database set to Outlook as the email client? This sounds like an issue we were seeing after a recent update to Outlook that was likely tied into that Windows update. If so, it is a quick fix that our support team could implement in just a few minutes. If you have not already, please give us a call at 919-865-0789 ext. 2 and we can get that laptop up and running in no time.

Thanks! 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads