Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SiteLink Support & Sales

Welcome to StorageForum!
If you're new take a look at the StorageForum Terms of Use and don't forget to check out Daily Dilbert!

Military Tenants?

PSCPSC TXRegistered User ✭✭
Has anyone found away to show that someone is in the military in Sitelink?

Comments

• ClimateguardClimateguard ALRegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    We have a discount that we apply to military personnel that shows up in ledger settings once applied I also make a note in the Tenant Note section of their payment screen just as a reminder to me and my employees.
  • PSCPSC TXRegistered User ✭✭
    Thank you! That's a great idea
  • ThriftyStorageThriftyStorage NARegistered User ✭✭✭
    What I do is when a person claims to be in the military I request to see their and I make a copy. #2, there is a section in our lease that addresses this as well. #3, when I am processing a move-in I remark in the Company Section(Military).
  • MegumiMMegumiM ALRegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    ThriftyStorage, you should stop making copies of the military ID. We used to make copies till one of our military tenants told us it is illegal to make a copy. We checked on the military website and confirmed this information to be true.
  • skinmanskinman KSRegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a separate addendum that military folks have to fill out and I make a note on their payment screen as @Climateguard does.
  • OrkoceanOrkocean CARegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing how many military people do not even realize their ID's can't be copied. Numerous times they hand it over for their ID on file and I have to let them know.
  • WendyWendy NMRegistered User
    18 USC, Part I, Chapter 33, Section 701 defines this prohibition. Photocopying military identification can subject a person to fines and imprisonment up to 6 months.  It is permissible to record the information from the military identification (name, address, date of birth, and taxpayer identification number), but it’s simply not permissible to photocopy it.
  • ThriftyStorageThriftyStorage NARegistered User ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that info!!!
  • teamcapitolateamcapitola CARegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

Aside from the SCRA addendum/Waiver (Waiver of Service members Civil Relief Act Rights), we have a checkbox on our Rental Agreement for Active Military.  

We are not a Military town, so it has only come up twice in 6 years. Although I highly doubt the owners would ever auction an active service persons unit.