Set up for Future Move in but tenant already moved in

Options
How do I remove a future move in date from a Unit.  The tenant moved in 3-12-18 and it says future move in date 3-24-18 (because I was trying to change his billing date at the time of move in from the 12th to 24th per tenant request)  Now his unit shows up a dark blue color and his payment for initial move in on 3-12-18 is applying for initial payment on 3-24-18.......
I already changed lease date to 3-12-18 in his tenant file, but this did not change the payment as applied to 3-12-18 and now it shows his aniversary billing date all the way out to 6-24-18.....

Comments

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Storage in Asnapp!

I went to 1st of the month for all tenants a long time ago to make my life easier.  Sorry, but I can't help you out on this one.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • karen700
    karen700 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i would contact sitelink tech....way over my pay grade!
  • Garrett_Boone
    Garrett_Boone SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Storageinasnapp

The resolution for this depends on the circumstances. Give our tech support department a call at 919-865-0789 ext 2, and one of our technicians can investigate and explain the options.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've actually done this.

In hindsight (thank you Captain hindsight!) you would move the tenant in first, then go and shift the due date in "Company" ---> "Utilities". Use the "Edit Anniversary Billing Date" to shift the due date.

Once you have moved somebody in with a future date, I'm afraid there isn't a simple way to fix it. Options were (this was a few years ago when I did the same thing) to simply give the tenant a temp access code until the scheduled move in date & eat the unbilled days, or move the tenant out and start over (which causes billing/payment nightmares)

If there is a new method to fix, I'd love to hear it!

• Shelley
    Shelley Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Go to ledger settings, once there hit CRTL - Shift - D and it will show the move in date for  you to change it. 
  • Storageinasnapp
    Storageinasnapp Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Shelley thank you, that was very helpful.  I didn't know about that hidden key
  • Shelley
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @Storageinasnapp This is the second hidden key I have found in site link. Not sure why they hide it though. You would think it would be a very useful option to have. Especially for those just learning site link. 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a whole page of secret keys for sitelink FYI. Most are meaningless but some are useful. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shelley said:
    @Storageinasnapp This is the second hidden key I have found in site link. Not sure why they hide it though. You would think it would be a very useful option to have. Especially for those just learning site link. 

• Shelley
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    Shelley said:

Thanks @MamaDuke7 , The screen shot looks useful for sure. Definitely gonna save it. 
  • CoffeeZilla
    CoffeeZilla Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    O
    M
    G
     the reversal of the Last Daily Close would have saved my butt a couple of months ago...
    Why are these hidden!?!?
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O
    M
    G
     the reversal of the Last Daily Close would have saved my butt a couple of months ago...
    Why are these hidden!?!?
    You have to contact Sitelink and get a special one-time access code to use that feature.  It's for special emergencies only!
  • AKKathie
    AKKathie Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm so glad there is someplace for everyone to share their knowledge.  Even though it is now 3 mos later you all still answered my question and more!

• AKKathie
    AKKathie Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    And thanks @Shelley my employee was just changing the Lease date and then manually charging customer for say the one day earlier that they wanted to move in.  Because that is the only box she could see. I'm not sure that would be the right way to do that.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads