Reverse Move IN

I was wondering if there is a way to reverse a move in, if the tenant changes their mind within the same day? I was looking at the ledger adjustment, what does "Delete Account" do? Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typically you have to just Move out, click the prorate button and write off the one day's worth of rent if you want to let them.

I have had this happen, where somebody changed mind after .....however once our lease is signed and paid, they are in for the month ...period ....no takebacks no refunds. 

Even had a threat of lawsuit, until they actually talked to a lawyer.... then they politely gave us 30 days notice of vacating the unit. 

I wouldnt use the "delete account" button.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the rare occasion with a legit reason we will refund people which means a check from our home office being sent. But we do not refund the admin fee. Things happen, plans do change last minute, is it worth holding onto a few bucks to piss someone off that may truly need your services in the future or that has a social network in your community that one bad word of mouth could cause who knows how many people from even using you? 

One situation that happened recently was a man rented a unit online as he was in Colorado *we're in TX* and his job was transferring him to TX so he was trying to get everything lined up. Well things changed and for whatever reason they sent him to Kentucky instead to take over that area so we refunded everything but the admin fee.  Could we of been stern and held all his money? Yes.. Is it worth a few bucks to piss someone off even though he's not even local so we wouldn't have to worry about backlash from community connections? Not to us. 
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's before the daily close,and they paid by cash or check... you can go to adjustments< ledger adjustments< find the tenant< void the receipt...... Then it is ok to delete the account and give them their cash or check back. It will appear as if it never happened.
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add... I will only do this if they never actually started moving in, and it's the same day they rented, before I close... 
  • PMsBVL
    PMsBVL Registered User
    Before you move them out,
    you can do a same day void on adjustments,ledgers adjustments, void receipt, than go back to the payment screen on the customers account,to Edit charges and payments on the customers account, Delete the insurance,delete the admin fees and leave a note why you are deleting this charges, the only charge it wont let you delete is the actual rent , wich you can prorate at the move out screen.
    this way you have less money to prorate . save all receipts... hop this helps!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads