Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SiteLink Support & Sales

Welcome to StorageForum!
If you're new take a look at the StorageForum Terms of Use and don't forget to check out Daily Dilbert!

Credit on Account

SarahSarah CanadaRegistered User
Is there any way to have a credit showing on the invoice  &  receipt? 

Say if the monthly payment is $150 and they pay $160.. can the receipt & invoice bee set up to show that some where? I notice on the payment receipt is has a line that says "Available Credit" and one that says Current Balance.. how do I get the $$ to show there?
Thank you 

Comments

• skinmanskinman KSRegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they pay into a partial month, the receipt shows the regular total normally due and what they have already paid towards it.. You could create a manual invoice that reflects what they owe for the next month in remaining rent, but I don't think there is a way to show it as a credit the way you are asking.
  • SarahSarah CanadaRegistered User
    Thank you Skinman.. its just frustrating as there is a line in the template for those two totals! And I have a client that NEEDS to see the "credit" on her account each month
  • OrkoceanOrkocean CARegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the "credit" in reference to if she's getting it every month? Maybe it's something you could create a discount for since it's a every month item to save some headache? 
  • LinderISSLinderISS IDRegistered User
    I believe the unit's ledger is the only place a credit balance shows. Sometimes I've sent the tenant a copy of ledger which will show an ongoing credit balance .  I still have to highlight a credit balance and the month it pertains to because the system requires you to create the charge "not yet due" in order to post the payment. 
  • ShedStuffShedStuff NARegistered User ✭✭
    I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to or not....I have a situation where the tenant pays one portion of the rent with one CC and then needs to have me run a different CC for the remaining balance due to his work needs. I do the first transaction then print a partial payment reminder and it shows the balance due. Then I proceed on the same day to chg the remaining balance.
  • sonyawiprudsonyawiprud CARegistered User ✭✭✭
    Yes I would also like for the tenant to see what the remaining balance is, it really should show the credit, otherwise the tenant continues to pay what they think they owe and there is a lot of accounting issues with that every time they pay. 
  • RobynRobyn ORRegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭
    Sounds like a headache! Do you charge for invoicing tenants??  We charge tenants $10 per invoice.  This pretty much eliminates tenants from asking for one just because it would be handy for taxes.