Credit on Account

Sarah
Sarah Registered User ✭✭
Is there any way to have a credit showing on the invoice  &  receipt? 

Say if the monthly payment is $150 and they pay $160.. can the receipt & invoice bee set up to show that some where? I notice on the payment receipt is has a line that says "Available Credit" and one that says Current Balance.. how do I get the $$ to show there?
Thank you 

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they pay into a partial month, the receipt shows the regular total normally due and what they have already paid towards it.. You could create a manual invoice that reflects what they owe for the next month in remaining rent, but I don't think there is a way to show it as a credit the way you are asking.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Registered User ✭✭
    Thank you Skinman.. its just frustrating as there is a line in the template for those two totals! And I have a client that NEEDS to see the "credit" on her account each month
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the "credit" in reference to if she's getting it every month? Maybe it's something you could create a discount for since it's a every month item to save some headache? 
  • LinderISS
    LinderISS Registered User
    I believe the unit's ledger is the only place a credit balance shows. Sometimes I've sent the tenant a copy of ledger which will show an ongoing credit balance .  I still have to highlight a credit balance and the month it pertains to because the system requires you to create the charge "not yet due" in order to post the payment. 
  • ShedStuff
    ShedStuff Registered User ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to or not....I have a situation where the tenant pays one portion of the rent with one CC and then needs to have me run a different CC for the remaining balance due to his work needs. I do the first transaction then print a partial payment reminder and it shows the balance due. Then I proceed on the same day to chg the remaining balance.
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Yes I would also like for the tenant to see what the remaining balance is, it really should show the credit, otherwise the tenant continues to pay what they think they owe and there is a lot of accounting issues with that every time they pay. 
  • Robyn
    Robyn Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a headache! Do you charge for invoicing tenants??  We charge tenants $10 per invoice.  This pretty much eliminates tenants from asking for one just because it would be handy for taxes.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Registered User ✭✭
    Robyn said:
    Sounds like a headache! Do you charge for invoicing tenants??  We charge tenants $10 per invoice.  This pretty much eliminates tenants from asking for one just because it would be handy for taxes.
    We issue each tenant an invoice every month.. no charge - to remind them to pay their bill on the 1st of the month or that we will be processing their credit card.
    Still have no way of showing the credit on the invoice or receipt! Ugh
  • GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Could you take the next payment due for only the amount to even her out, then she wouldn't have a credit every month?
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't you just go into the account, make a future charge, apply the credit.  Then the next invoice will properly reflect what's actually due.

My problem is that they don't look at what's due!  They pay what they want.  Or they have the bank automatically sending what they think is due.  And it just keeps adding up because they overpay.  But I don't care as long as they are paying at least what they owe!
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    MamaDuke7 said:
    Can't you just go into the account, make a future charge, apply the credit.  Then the next invoice will properly reflect what's actually due.

My problem is that they don't look at what's due!  They pay what they want.  Or they have the bank automatically sending what they think is due.  And it just keeps adding up because they overpay.  But I don't care as long as they are paying at least what they owe!
    I have people who do this too.  They send whatever amount they want.  I call and let them know they only owe so much for the next month; but, alas - another check comes with a weird amount which matches absolutely nothing.  After awhile, I simply just take the money and stop calling them.  Like you say, as long as they are paying what they owe.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndreaBur said:
    Sarah said:

Say if the monthly payment is $150 and they pay $160.. can the receipt & invoice bee set up to show that some where? I notice on the payment receipt is has a line that says "Available Credit" and one that says Current Balance.. how do I get the $$ to show there?
    Thank you 
    In the Warranty Claims application, print the warranty claim for which you want to create a credit invoice. In the requirements entry, confirm that all of the following conditions are met: the Supplier field contains the name of the supplier. The Asset field contains the asset ID. The Claim Amount field contains a non-zero value. The Invoice and PO fields should not have any values yet. In the General Ledger Account field, either the entire general Ledger account is specified, or the field is empty (null). If the General Ledger account in this field is only partially defined, you will not be able to create an invoice. On the Action menu, select Create a creditable Invoice. If you do not meet at least one of these conditions, you will receive a notification that you cannot create an invoice.

This is the first I've ever heard of a "Warranty Claims" option anywhere in SL. Could you tell me where this is located?
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESS said:
    AndreaBur said:
    Sarah said:

Thank you 
    In the Warranty Claims application, print the warranty claim for which you want to create a credit invoice. In the requirements entry, confirm that all of the following conditions are met: the Supplier field contains the name of the supplier. The Asset field contains the asset ID. The Claim Amount field contains a non-zero value. The Invoice and PO fields should not have any values yet. In the General Ledger Account field, either the entire general Ledger account is specified, or the field is empty (null). If the General Ledger account in this field is only partially defined, you will not be able to create an invoice. On the Action menu, select Create a creditable Invoice. If you do not meet at least one of these conditions, you will receive a notification that you cannot create an invoice.

This is the first I've ever heard of a "Warranty Claims" option anywhere in SL. Could you tell me where this is located?
    This is a SPAM post.  It has nothing to do with storage or Sitelink.  It has been flagged.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a SPAM post.  It has nothing to do with storage or Sitelink.  It has been flagged.
    I thought so! Thx!
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for flagging this, @MamaDuke7. I've removed it, @ESS -- apologies for the confusion! 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads