Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SiteLink Support & Sales

Welcome to StorageForum!
If you're new take a look at the StorageForum Terms of Use and don't forget to check out Daily Dilbert!

What's your strangest customer?

JamesStorageJamesStorage MORegistered User ✭✭✭
I'm sure we've all seen a few zingers. My personal best so far was the warlock. He wanted a unit he could cook his "brews" in. When I told him we don't allow open flames in the unit, he cursed me with some kind of dried claw thing. Later found out he's known to the police in the area for being a general troublemaker, and for trying to hypnotize money out of people.

Comments

• CVSSSTORAGECVSSSTORAGE CARegistered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    There is a guy here who tells me about his poops. Like every time I see him he has to talk about his bathroom trips. =(
  • OrkoceanOrkocean CARegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should tell him if he wants "colorful" poops to eat some capn crunch crunchberries! LOL... You'll be his new favorite person!
  • storagestation603storagestation603 NHRegistered User ✭✭✭
    We have a tenant here who every time we have someone doing work on the facility and she is here....she tells us that they are "controlling her with their minds and getting into her pants through her mind. Because of a chip the government installed years ago." 

Same tenant will also sit next to her unit for hours at a time looking over all of her paperwork she has in her unit. Then will proceed to Wipe the walls around her unit with Clorox wipes. 

She is a very nice lady...just an extremely odd duck!
  • draydray AZRegistered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭
    We used to have a tenant that had O.C.D.. She had a 10 x 10 unit and she would take everything out and repack and organize the unit. Several times a day. She would vacuum in and in front of the unit as well. She would also repack a box several times before putting back in to only take right back out. 
  • i43storagei43storage WIRegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭
    dray said:
    We used to have a tenant that had O.C.D.. She had a 10 x 10 unit and she would take everything out and repack and organize the unit. Several times a day. She would vacuum in and in front of the unit as well. She would also repack a box several times before putting back in to only take right back out. 
    That is so horribly sad.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • SanSabaSongbirdSanSabaSongbird NCRegistered User
    I had a big game hunter store lions, zebras, antelopes, etc - stuffed of course.
    @SanSabaSongbird I don't like to look in tenants units but one day I was driving by on the golf cart and I had to back up because a guy had a full grown alligator or crocodile in his unit. I went omg is that real? Apparently he was on Swamp Wars years ago and that is his trophy. Even though it was stuffed it was still pretty terrifying 
  • OrkoceanOrkocean CARegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fight with that issue all the time @CVSSSTORAGE... if i'm out on property and people are at their unit I want to be friendly and stop to say hi but at the same time I don't want them thinking i'm trying to peep into their unit to see what they have. I'll usually greet them as I pass by but unless they stop me to talk I don't linger near their unit. Like I tell my customers, as long as you're not breaking my rules and storing/doing things you aren't supposed to be I don't want to know what you have in your unit. 
    @Orkocean same here that gator was hard to miss though lol