Fee Refunds- ?

PSC
PSC Registered User ✭✭✭
Is there a way to refund a particular charge or fee?

The previous owner's took gate remote deposits, but had it set up in Sitelink as a fee and not a deposit. Sitelink tech support told me I would have to add a pre-paid security deposit by the "secret" code CNTRL + SHIFT + S on the Ledger Adjustment Screen. If I do it this way, I have to then make an adjustment in our daily close. 

It's kind of a pain in the rear. When you go to process a refund the screen shows check boxes for Merchandise, Fees, Rent, Insurance, Credit, ETC. but they are all grayed out. It would be so much easier if I could just refund a charge by the receipt number.. but that would just make too much sense.  :D

Any advice is appreciated! 

Comments

• JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    Not sure I totally understand the scenario!  Do the customers have paperwork stating they have paid a deposit that is refundable?   I am thinking the easiest thing to do would be to credit their "deposit/fee" to rent.  I am sure all tenants would be pleasantly surprised at receiving the credit. 
  • PSC
    PSC Registered User ✭✭✭
    Julie, 

Yes, their paperwork states that they paid a refundable security deposit. The previous owners were putting the deposit into Sitelink, but they were entering it as a fee. It wasn't set up as a security deposit. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads