Daily Close rounding up when I have .50

Chasity_Arthur
Chasity_Arthur Registered User, Daily Operations Certified
Lets say my totals for the day comes to $2,212.50.  I enter that into the Daily Close, its correct, it accepts it and I close for the day. When the Close saves and prints, it rounds my close up to $2,213.00.  I am always having to enter an "over/under" in my accounting software to account for that difference in paperwork versus checking account. Is there anyway I can change this in the software? Is that option in Program Defaults under General (charge rounding) what this is for? I currently have that set to .00  If I change that to .50 will this reflect on my closes the honest amount of .50 instead of rounding up?

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We use the charge rounding and it doesn't seem to affect our daily close like that. I can't think of another feature that would do that, though. Now I am curious and looking.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

The Charge rounding is just for posting charges (% off  rent or a prorate amount etc.) it'll round the amount you charge your tenant for you; it shouldn't have any effect on accounting though, as the expected close will still match your actual.

Wow.. I'm stumped. Never heard of that happening.

Bet your accountant(s) LOVE it though!

I'd call Sitelink Tech support ASAP; it's got to be some obscure setting somewhere or a REALLY bad glitch.

• Eric_Lewis
    Eric_Lewis Registered Moderator, Community Manager, SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified marketplace moderator
    @Chasity_Arthur I do not feel the issue is with charge rounding.  When SiteLink creates reports it uses some basic computer settings. Likely your default decimal place on the computer is set to 0 rather than 2.  Goto Control Panel, Region(for win10 or Regional Settings(Win7), Additional Settings, Change the Number of decimal places setting to '2'. OK and Apply the setting then rerun the report. Please advise if this fixes the issue.
  • Chasity_Arthur

Bet your accountant(s) LOVE it though!

It drives him crazy! He is in the process of retiring and handing everything over and while he has accepted it, its not going over to well with the new
  • Chasity_Arthur
    @Chasity_Arthur I do not feel the issue is with charge rounding.  When SiteLink creates reports it uses some basic computer settings. Likely your default decimal place on the computer is set to 0 rather than 2.  Goto Control Panel, Region(for win10 or Regional Settings(Win7), Additional Settings, Change the Number of decimal places setting to '2'. OK and Apply the setting then rerun the report. Please advise if this fixes the issue.
    I did this. Im still having the same issue. Still rounding up. 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chasity_Arthur
    Just a double check:
    The form with the inappropriate rounding is directly printed, not exported or sent to a "print to pdf" or "print to file"?
  • Eric_Lewis
    Eric_Lewis Registered Moderator, Community Manager, SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified marketplace moderator
    @Chasity_Arthur Please direct message me your contact information.  Would like to take a look at other computer settings. Thanks. For those watching will post a update once I know the resolution.
  • Chasity_Arthur
    Update: After making that suggested change and not seeing a difference, I restarted the PC the next day. I am now showing .50 where needed! My accountant will be so happy! Thank you for this.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads