Coronavirus Safety Measures

Options
JoeV
JoeV Registered User
Has any companies had to take any major step regarding the coronavirus pandemic? Changes? Closures?

Wanted to get the conversation stated. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know Mamaduke just said in another thread that their offices just got closed by her company. 
  • JoeV
    JoeV Registered User
    Options
    Orkocean said:
    I know Mamaduke just said in another thread that their offices just got closed by her company. 
    What thread may that be? 
  • KarenPenrod
    KarenPenrod Registered User
    Options
    We are in Abilene, TX and just yesterday closed public restroom and cleaning counters, handles, doors, etc more. But not sure what we will do when it actually gets HERE. 
  • KarenPenrod
    Options
    JoeV said:
    Orkocean said:
    What thread may that be? 

https://storageforum.sitelink.com/discussion/2719/woke-up-and-this-was-all-i-could-picture-in-my-head#latest
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We are waiting for Corp to decide whether we are closing the doors or not, we spend all day wiping down everything, several times at the keypad because we don't think it's antimicrobial. I like the idea of closing the public bathroom alot!! 
  • JoeV
    JoeV Registered User
    Options
    Anyone in San Francisco? 
  • rmason
    rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Here in Florida we have closed our offices and working everything via phone, email and using E Sign to complete documents.  Facility grounds remain open with normal hours.  
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rmason said:
    Here in Florida we have closed our offices and working everything via phone, email and using E Sign to complete documents.  Facility grounds remain open with normal hours.  
    Same here in Orange County, CA as of today.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Santa Cruz County issued a Shelter In Place order yesterday.

We closed the office, but will have one person onsite from 11am to 2pm for various security, check processing etc. Also will take appointments for new business on a case by case.

Rest of us working from home - forwarding store phone to our cells, and running Sitelink on laptops. (phones are VOIP so simple to "click" between numbers)

Closed our Restrooms until further notice.

Stay safe & well everyone!

• aceypoo1
    aceypoo1 Registered User
    Options
    Are any of you waiving late fees, canceling auctions or halting rent increases?
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @aceypoo1 - We have decided to stop all rent increases.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    In Illinois - We did not implement a rate increase this year and are still conducting business as usual. I did sent out auction notices last Friday and will still move forward with many of them. Especially those that have not paid in over 3 months, prior to the pandemic. 
  • storagestation603
    storagestation603 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    rmason said:
    Can I are you still coming into the office every day or doing it from home? I am in NH where the virus is and my boss still has not closed anything off. But I'm seriously considering quarantining myself haha 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We are continuing business as usual, for the most part, except the restroom is closed to the public. We also strongly encourage people to conduct business over phone or internet. For the few remaining tenants who do come in, we keep a distance and sanitize everything they may have touched. We close the office a little early to allow for complete cleaning.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aceypoo1 said:
    Are any of you waiving late fees, canceling auctions or halting rent increases?
    I have turned off rate increases for now.  I don't currently have an auction scheduled, so I will just wait on that.  And fees waivers will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
  • storage51
    storage51 Registered User
    Options
    JoeV said:
    Anyone in San Francisco? 

• storage51
    storage51 Registered User
    Options
    We're in Concord CA
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have a sign posted and sent out a blast email stating there may be different operating hours, per the CDC. I wish they would give the go-ahead to work from home. I live 5 minutes from here so periodical property checks wouldn't be a problem and if someone wanted to rent a unit, I could be here within 6 min tops. Times like these, I wish MyHub was a better operating system and that we did e-sign. 
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We are open as usual, we do not have public restrooms. We do put a sign in sheet on the door so we are not dealing with as many people. We don't have an auction scheduled for this month but do have one scheduled for next month. 
  • rmason
    Options
    We have cancelled all current auctions and suspending all ongoing auction actions, but still trying to collect via phone, text, and email.  Office remains manned, but closed.  Grounds are open as usual.
  • KarenPenrod
    Options
    rmason said:
    We have cancelled all current auctions and suspending all ongoing auction actions, but still trying to collect via phone, text, and email.  Office remains manned, but closed.  Grounds are open as usual.
    We are doing the same in West Texas right now. Office closed but manned, auctions suspended, grounds open and taking payments anyway other than in person. We started doing this on Tuesday of this week. Contacted all customers we could to let them know. 
  • rmason
    Options
    Seems most of us have instituted some form of closure, reduced hours, suspension of auctions and rate increases.  As some tenants will experience loss of jobs (income) anyone considering wavering late fees or reduced rent on a case-by-case situation? 
  • storagestation603
    storagestation603 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options

Santa Cruz County issued a Shelter In Place order yesterday.

We closed the office, but will have one person onsite from 11am to 2pm for various security, check processing etc. Also will take appointments for new business on a case by case.

Rest of us working from home - forwarding store phone to our cells, and running Sitelink on laptops. (phones are VOIP so simple to "click" between numbers)

Closed our Restrooms until further notice.

Stay safe & well everyone!

Can I ask how you are using sitelink on your laptop to be able to work from home? 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @storagestation603  - I have Sitelink on my laptop.  You just need to download the demo and then log in.  http://demo.smdsoftware.com
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • i43storage
    Options
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • jdennis
    jdennis Registered User
    Options
    in Illinois all non essential businesses have been closed for 5 days, restaurants and bars since St. Patricks day, Iowa has been slower to follow.  We are still coming to work but have the doors locked. Not supposed to let anyone in, here for information and emergency.  We have suspended all auctions and lien fees until June.  We are working with people on late fees as needed.
  • KarenPenrod
    Options
    We are waiving late fees for April and imagine we will also in May. Not sure after that. Offices closed for last two weeks. It is officially here in our town with 18 cases so far as of last night. We have one person working in each office daily to take payments answer phones, etc. It's very odd right now that's for sure. Suspended auctions for March and April and probably May. 
  • Pat
    Pat Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    We are open but office door closed. Take all info over phone, print lease & other papers needed, take them out to vehicle for signatures - masked and gloved.  Working for now.
  • facility_manager
    facility_manager Registered User
    Options
    We are here in Colfax, Ca. and have locked the office doors but are on regular office hours with one person answering phones, doing move ins by esign and able to sell merchandise over the phone and placing items outside 5 min. before pick-up.  Tenants have regular hours at this time. We are wiping down keypads, door handles, counter tops and any money taken in.
  • MamaDuke7
    Options
    JoeV said:
    Orkocean said:
    What thread may that be? 
    https://storageforum.sitelink.com/discussion/2719/woke-up-and-this-was-all-i-could-picture-in-my-head#latest
  • KarenPenrod
    Options
    rmason said:
    We are doing the same in West Texas right now. Office closed but manned, auctions suspended, grounds open and taking payments anyway other than in person. 
  • MamaDuke7
    Options
    JoeV said:
    Orkocean said:
    What thread may that be? 
  • KarenPenrod
    Options
    rmason said:
    We are doing the same in West Texas right now. Office closed but manned, auctions suspended, grounds open and taking payments anyway other than in person. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads