Selling locks and keys.

Options
Good Day Everyone, 

Hope everyone is doing well and healthy during this time. 

My question to you all is, how does your company handle locks and keys? And if you require the customer to purchase a lock and keys, how do you implement that within Sitelink? 

Thanks! 

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We just require a (somewhat) more secure lock than a standard padlock. They can bring their own or buy one from us. We handle it as a merchandise sale.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We allow them to use their own if they want to.  However, the vast majority buy a disc lock from us.

We have it as a merchandise item in Sitelink, along with our boxes and other merchandise.
  • aceypoo1
    aceypoo1 Registered User
    Options
    Do any of you use the cylinder locks?
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our tenants provide their own locks.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Dtinfla
    Dtinfla Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We require cylinder locks at our facility.  A lot of people already have one, otherwise we sell them at a reasonable price.  Just add it as merchandise at the point of taking payment for the rental.  
  • GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
      Customers can either provide their own or we can sell them a disc lock.  Personally, I hate cylinder locks
  • mrdbryan
    mrdbryan Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    We want our tenants to use (but not required) what we feel to be a more secure lock than the ones they'll sometimes use.  Therefore, in using the kiosk we dispense a "free" lock and keys with the understanding that upon them moving out they must returned both lock and keys!  If they don't get returned then the cost of the lock and keys, at that time, gets paid through their deposit they made when moving in.  Depending on the facility, we use dispense the cylinder locks and the plug locks.  I lean towards the "plug lock" as my most favorable!
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We give every tenant a free disc lock at move in (to keep). We do require insurance, either proof of homeowners' or renters. If not, they must purchase a policy from us. But the disc lock waives the deductable should they need to file a claim through our 3rd party provider.

• KarenPenrod
    KarenPenrod Registered User
    Options
    We also give each tenant a free disc lock at move in to keep or do with as they wish. We don't require they use it but most do. We don't require insurance and have them sign a waiver stating that we tell them that we also don't insure their contents but they are free to purchase outside of us as well. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads