What to do when lightning took out your system.

Options
AnitaJohnson1269
AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
We had a bad storm yesterday evening which took out our internet and surged our gate operating system.  We have internet back up, Yay!  I have been waiting for a response from PTI on a way to set the keypad to open with any code.  I would rather have the keycode override than to leave the gate open 24/7 until Access can get us a new board.  Any one out there know of a way?

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the main board is intact, there may be a way to do that. The old Digigate system had an easy way to set that, but I don't know about the newer PTI stuff.

If the main board is fried, there is little you can do short of having a button wired or a garage door style remote set up temporarily.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you use StorLogix?
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ah, here is what I was looking for. If you dont have a digigate controller, obviously this probably wont work.

Standalone operation is a mode of the DigiGate system that will allow the keypads to operate with any code entered if the keypads are installed in standard configurations. If the keypad is plugged into slot 1 on the Keypad Board it will fire the number 1 relay on the IO board when any code is entered. This can be valuable if there are Syscon or Software Problems with the system. The keypads will operate independently of the software configuration and assigned codes. LX and LC keypads can also be placed in standalone mode, with the caveat that the relay they are assigned to activate must be on the same keypad and not a relay on a different board somewhere else in the system.

• Place Digigate 700 KPs in standalone by first pushing the reset button on the lower board of the Syscon. You should hear a "click" from the Syscon when this is done. You then power the Syscon off and on. You can do this by unscrewing and disconnecting the power connector (silver and round) from the bottom right of the System Controller box. Wait about 10 seconds and reattach the connector.
    • LX and LC keypads can be placed in standalone after resetting the Syscon. Reset each keypad by removing power to it for 10 seconds then reconnecting power.
    • To take the system out of standalone, follow the process to set the Syscon.
    • Note: Standalone mode is meant to be an emergency operation mode only. Devices in standalone will work with any code at all, provided it is in the correct format. Codes will also work at any time.
  • themage
    Options
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    Options
    @ESS Yes we use storlogix.  I it says it is off line in the software. 

• AnitaJohnson1269
    Options
    @themage Thank you, thank you!!  That worked!
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @AnitaJohnson1269 - I feel your pain.  Lightening struck our facility awhile back.  Gate fried.  Computer fried.  Cameras fried.  More importantly, my mini-frig fried.  What a mess.  Hope you are back on your feet soon.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    @AnitaJohnson1269 - I feel your pain.  Lightening struck our facility awhile back.  Gate fried.  Computer fried.  Cameras fried.  More importantly, my mini-frig fried.  What a mess.  Hope you are back on your feet soon.

I lost a CIM Board yesterday.  Computer Interface Module to the keypads.  3rd one in 2 months.  Easy fix.  A little over $100 each.  Aggravating but grateful it wasn't keypads or more.  I always keep a spare on hand.  
  • prowlett
    prowlett Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭
    Options
    @ESS Yes we use storlogix.  I it says it is off line in the software. 

If StorLogix is offline, our first thing to do is to reset the PTI box. Sometimes there are two. They are usually in the IT room/closet. In the top left corner, there should be a small square metal price with a round button. It will be the reset button. Push this. I try not to do this because there is usually a reason to why things do what they do, but if all else fails and I run out of options, this usually fixes 95% of our issues. If this isn’t it, there is a communication arror and probably an IP address issue.
  • Raychel
    Raychel Registered User
    Options
    Newbie here. Hi everyone. Does anyone know how to shorten gate closing timer? Ours stays open long and cars keep just driving right in without punching in code. Thank you.
  • themage
    Options
    @Raychel
    There is usually an adjustment inside the gate opener box itself. A gate mechanic or electrician or facility handyperson can easily set it a bit shorter for you. Just don't set it too short or it may hit cars as they are coming through.

I don't recommend opening the gate opener enclosure yourself unless you know what you are doing. 
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    May I also suggest if you shorten the time, to put a sensor on your gate so if it does go to close, the beam will catch that something is still there and bounce back open. You can, in StorLogix, set it up to where they get a APB violation if they tailgate in and then enter their code to exit, it won't let them out. It would then give you a chance to make them come in and you can explain why they get the error message and can't leave. 
  • prowlett
    prowlett Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭
    Options
    Raychel said:
    Newbie here. Hi everyone. Does anyone know how to shorten gate closing timer? Ours stays open long and cars keep just driving right in without punching in code. Thank you.
    We have a few different gate operators at each facility. I download the controller instructions once installed, so we have it on the computer and I can access it any time. We have Apex Controllers. To adjust the time the gate remains open (keeping in mind that we have multiple safety features to keep the gate from closing on vehicles), we get into the gate operator and manually adjust the open time to 10 seconds. I think manufacturer sets them at like 30 seconds. We set the response time in Sitelink (relay delay) to 2 seconds, but that wont affect the open time or close speed or anything like that. All of that is setup in the gate operator controller. The specs should be on the gate operator and you should be able to google the manual/instructions using that. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads