Office 365 & eSign issues

Options
Hi, All,
I just started using SiteLink and am having issues setting up my 365 email in email setup. I’ve used all the suggested settings (port 587 and SMTP.office365.com and SSL is enabled). I’m still getting a failed test email. 

Is there any advice on how to get this working? I’m portable storage (UNITS) and I’m not sure if that makes a difference. 
Tagged:

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Office 365 email is Outlook, and that is no longer supported by Sitelink.  We had to switch over to a gmail account for all Sitelink email.
  • chriswright
    chriswright Registered User
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    Office 365 email is Outlook, and that is no longer supported by Sitelink.  We had to switch over to a gmail account for all Sitelink email.
    I am using the STMP configuration (smtp.office365.com). Are you saying that the SMTP option only supports gmail now? If that's the case, that's disappointing, as I would like to stay consistent with branding (emails included) when I communicate with my customers. I've never been a fan of having a "gmail" for communication with customers.

Either way, that's so much for the quick response, I really appreciate it!
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We use Outlook, but I'm not sure how it's setup in SL. I can definitely ask and get back with you!
  • chriswright
    chriswright Registered User
    Options
    ESS said:
    We use Outlook, but I'm not sure how it's setup in SL. I can definitely ask and get back with you!
    That would be amazing, thanks so much, Angela! @ESS
  • GM_SJ_BSS
    GM_SJ_BSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, All,
    I just started using SiteLink and am having issues setting up my 365 email in email setup. I’ve used all the suggested settings (port 587 and SMTP.office365.com and SSL is enabled). I’m still getting a failed test email. 

Is there any advice on how to get this working? I’m portable storage (UNITS) and I’m not sure if that makes a difference. 

I agree with MamaDuke, we used Outlook as well and suddenly my tenants were not receiving any emails through sitelink such as invoices etc.  It would appear under the notes that emails were being sent but tenants weren't receiving them.  Contacted Sitelink and was told we had to switch to gmail.  For us we had two office emails, one with outlook and one gmail, so it wasn't anything major for us.
    Thank goodness one of the tenants finally complained because we had no idea that this had changed in sitelink and it finally made sense as to why a lot of tenants were not responding to our emails....
  • Bobnatural
    Bobnatural Registered User
    Options
    Did you try gmail as well? Because this how it works at the moment.
  • Katherchill
    Katherchill Registered User
    Options
    Gmail works for me, but not for my friend though. I don't know how it is for other users, and why this error appears to some people, but not for all. No idea to what is related, but it causes a lot of problems. In my friend's company, the IT department alongside with Sphere IT, made some changes and all the accounts work fine via gmail. I am not an IT expert to understand what my friend explained to me, so you better ask them, they will give you all the details and fix the accounts so they work via gmail.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads