Sitelink eSign - Gate Codes revealed on lease document before payment is received

Options
I've run into some issues with sending someone an elease for signature. The lease must be sent before the software will take a payment, however, the elease shows them their gate code. I've had people sign the lease then immediately access their unit. We've yet to receive payment from them and they are already using their unit. Is there a solution to prevent this?
Tagged:

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The best way I know of is to remove the gate code from the e-lease and send it in another form when they have paid and sent all required documentation. You could also lock them out at the gate until they have paid.
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    In setup I think there is a box to withhold gate code. I have no idea how it works.  Same here gate code prints on the document. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I removed the gate code from the documents.  I send it to them after they complete the documents and make the payment.
  • hannabanna03
    hannabanna03 Registered User
    Options
    @MamaDuke7 How do I remove the gate code from the documents?
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @MamaDuke7 How do I remove the gate code from the documents?

You can't remove the gate code from the document after it has been created.  I believe @MaMaDuke7 meant you could remove the coding from the original form so that the gate code does not show up on any future leases.

If this was my tenant, I would lock them out until they paid. 
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • hannabanna03
    Options
    @i43storage Ok, I will take that out. I looked around for a way to manually lock someone out, but am not sure where to find that. I know we can change the settings to lock after a certain number of days for nonpayment, but I don't know how to do it for a single tenant at will. Where would I locate that option?
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @i43storage Ok, I will take that out. I looked around for a way to manually lock someone out, but am not sure where to find that. I know we can change the settings to lock after a certain number of days for nonpayment, but I don't know how to do it for a single tenant at will. Where would I locate that option?
    In their ledger settings, check the box that says "Always lock out at gate."
  • hannabanna03
    Options
    @MamaDuke7 ok, thank you!
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @hannabanna03 - I would actually place a Manager's lock on their unit.  Just in case they follow someone through the gate.

Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Taslim
    Taslim Registered User
    Options
    Click on "Access" in Sitelink and then select the unit and under gate access select "Locked". Also, we don't take the lock off from the unit until we have received payment so tenant can't move in. 
    Taslim Arif
  • Rio
    Rio Registered User
    Options
    If the customer moved in before returning the lease, I would  call them and tell them they cannot access the unit until all documents are returned and I am restricting access to the unit.  Then I over-lock them. My experience with this is that the longer you are nice to them and keep asking for the docs, the longer it drags out, and lower your chances of ever getting them all returned. I just tell the customer when I do lease the unit remotely that they will receive a separate email form me with the gate code after all documents are returned.  If your site link automatically prints the gate code on the lease I am pretty sure you can go into the payment screen, open the customer information and edit the gate code. 
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We use Automatit and it requires the payment before it will complete the move in process and generate the lease.  So no payment, no rental, no gate access.  In office, we process the payment before the lease document is created.  
  • GoGreen
    GoGreen Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Our system won't allow the code to work until the initial payment is made, so it doesn't matter if it's included in the lease. I'm not sure if that's due to the gate software settings or SiteLink, but it might be worth looking into gate software setting options too. We also don't take our lock off the unit until the payment is made and the move in is "finalized".

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads