Lag

Options
ESS
ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
Is anyone else having issues with lagging in SL? Yesterday and today I've had pretty long hang times when navigating thru the program. Any suggestions if it's just on my end?

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When it lags here, it is usually caused by one of 2 things. Either our internet connection is slow (or being used by windows update), or the Sitelink local database needs to be repaired / reset.

If it seems to be taking much longer than usual to refresh, but other navigation seems ok, then it is probably the database.

Although for a diferent issue, the steps are the same as here: https://storageforum.sitelink.com/discussion/2600/how-to-resolve-the-sitelink-detected-a-database-consistency-error

The first time you log on after the reset, it will have to download the entire database again, so it will take a little longer to start up.

You could also try Company, Utilities, Shift-Ctrl-D, defragment and repair local database. I haven't seen Sitelink officially recommend this, but it seems to work for us.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you, @themage

Hi Angela, there are no widespread issues so this is likely a localized issue. Following @themage's suggestions should resolve any lags, but if this isn't the case, please let us know and we'll look further into things for you!

themage said:
    When it lags here, it is usually caused by one of 2 things. Either our internet connection is slow (or being used by windows update), or the Sitelink local database needs to be repaired / reset.

If it seems to be taking much longer than usual to refresh, but other navigation seems ok, then it is probably the database.

Although for a diferent issue, the steps are the same as here: https://storageforum.sitelink.com/discussion/2600/how-to-resolve-the-sitelink-detected-a-database-consistency-error

The first time you log on after the reset, it will have to download the entire database again, so it will take a little longer to start up.

You could also try Company, Utilities, Shift-Ctrl-D, defragment and repair local database. I haven't seen Sitelink officially recommend this, but it seems to work for us.

• teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had the same "lag" issue, and "stalling", Sitelink tech support had me do everything above, but also had me make sure all Windows updates were downloaded and installed. 

It worked; Since we did everything (including the DB reset) at once, I cant say which of them fixed the problem, but next time I'll run windows updates again!
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! It is running much smoother now, but will keep all of these tips if/when it happens again.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads