Disputed credit card

Options
So I have a disputed credit card charge. the charge is from April.
What should I expect if I follow through. Has anyone gone through this?
Is it worth it?

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always respond and almost always win.  Either I have a signed receipt or a signed Autopay Authorization, or they paid online.  Totally worth it to try to keep your money.
  • LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    This situation   I don"t have anything signed.  They called in and paid over the phone.  Then end of June gave us a great google review when they moved out.
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have had 2 in the last 2 years. One instance the CC was reported as lost/stolen. I printed out the notes on file and faxed them in with a written statement and the money was returned the following month. The second was an older gentleman that also reported his card as lost/stolen. I let him know that the payment was recouped and he simply made a payment with a different card. I would say if you had notes on record that they called and paid over the phone, it is worth a shot!  
  • LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    thank you for the replies
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    LADYLIFT1 said:
    This situation   I don"t have anything signed.  They called in and paid over the phone.  Then end of June gave us a great google review when they moved out.

I posted recently.  Still battling.  And losing because I have to PROVE they didn't cancel auto pay.  Because they told the card company they did cancel auto pay.  The kicker is it was a "domestic dispute" .  Girlfriend was paying (auto pay) on her card and boyfriend (tenant) told her removed all the items when he didn't. 

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JulieAton said:
    LADYLIFT1 said:

I posted recently.  Still battling.  And losing because I have to PROVE they didn't cancel auto pay.  Because they told the card company they did cancel auto pay.  The kicker is it was a "domestic dispute" .  Girlfriend was paying (auto pay) on her card and boyfriend (tenant) told her removed all the items when he didn't. 

That's terrible! When I have a tenant that wants to cancel AP, I make them email or text me that they are canceling. Then I print it and place it in the file. How would you even prove that to the CC company tho, if it was never done? Say, it's my policy to receive written notice to cancel and they didn't? Sounds like a D if you do and D if you don't situation :/ 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options
    JulieAton said:
    LADYLIFT1 said:

I would tell them that the customer needs to prove they cancelled AP, and they can't because they didn't.  If they can produce a copy of their written intent to cancel it along with proof that it was delivered to you, then great.  Otherwise, the charge should stand!
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    LADYLIFT1 said:
    If they have always paid storage with that card, the bank will see that and side with you. That is what I have had happen in the past. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads