Proper record keeping when using E-Leases?

The digital leases are new to me. I have to say that I love them. Here is where I get concerned. I am used to having a folder that all documents and copies are kept in. I've been taught to keep returned mail (unopened) in the folder in case we get sued by the tenant. How do I keep the returned mail that is not opened in a digital file in Sitelink? I had a Request for Substitution of Tenant signed today. I scanned it into the account on Sitelink. Do I shred the original hand signed paper - is the fact that I scanned it into Sitelink make the copy in Sitelink the original? I can understand how the signature on the digital lease is the original signature but I'm not thinking that the Req for Sub Tnt form that has original signatures on it should be shredded. The lease is the only digital document that I've been told to utilize. Can I do all documents as digital? The driver's license is scanned into Sitelink as well and I've been advised to shred the copy we have. What keeps someone from deleting documents that have been uploaded into Sitelink? If that were to happen and we shredded the copy we had, then what? Am I making this harder than it should be? 

Answers

• Kinah_B
    Kinah_B Registered User
    We use print outs as backup files and that way we can keep the hard copies. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have paper files as backup.  For exactly things like you mention.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads