Google 3rd Party App.

Options
opss
opss Registered User ✭✭✭
Google is shutting off the unsecure 3rd Party apps. Will the email on sitelink hook up using Sign in with Google.
I would hate to loose my ability to email my Tenants.

Comments

• storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, @opss. Thank you for starting this thread! 

Google's 'allow less secure apps' is being replaced by App Passwords.  Depending on when you set up the SMTP email in Sitelink, you may have used their previous method of 'allow less secure apps' and will need to update to App Passwords.

Here is a link to set up an App Password: 
    https://support.google.com/mail/answer/185833?hl=en-GB 
    Once it is created just add the password in Setup --> Email --> SMTP password.

If you should have any questions along the way, please don't hesitate to reach out to Support and we can walk you through this! 919-865-0789, Option 2

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Just a thought... Google's app passwords require 2 step authentication to be enabled. This is pretty impractical for an email with shared access, as someone will have to be designated to receive the security code each time someone logs in.

We will probably set up a new email with another provider and set the "sent from" and "reply to" to our gmail address, so people will know it really is from us and we can still use gmail directly.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads