Autopay on second unit?

Options
mistore
mistore Registered User ✭✭
When I have customers on autopay, and they come in and rent a second unit, I sync that unit to the anniversary due date of the existing unit, take a payment, but the new unit does not go on autopay. 

I get the "opt in" function for autopay via CC/ACH, but why, when I go in and select it for that unit, does it not auto fill with the CC information that is currently approved and on file for that customer (or at least give me the option to do so?)

It's so clunky, along with being a security risk because I have to manually write the existing CC information down on a Post-It note, transcribe it into the appropriate fields, and then make sure I destroy that note.

Is there something I am missing?

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I'm not clearly understanding, but I'll try to help with what I think the issue is.
    When renting a secondary unit, before I get to the payment screen, I click save and don't take a payment. I then go back into the account and process the payment (the 1st unit's card option will appear in the payment drop down menu). This solves the problem with needing to retrieve the card info from the 1st unit. We have the prompt selected in Setup to ask if we want to save a card on autopay. So when that payment is being made, it will ask if we want to put it on autopay, click yes, it will then autofill the info into that unit's ledger.
    If you were asking a whole different question, I apologize, that's what my brain captured lol
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Storable answered that here.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, @ESS and @MamaDuke7 -- these are great answers, @mistore. If you should need any additional help, please give Support a call and we'll happily do so! 919-865-0789, Option 2
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    ESS said:
    I'm not clearly understanding, but I'll try to help with what I think the issue is.
    When renting a secondary unit, before I get to the payment screen, I click save and don't take a payment. I then go back into the account and process the payment (the 1st unit's card option will appear in the payment drop down menu). This solves the problem with needing to retrieve the card info from the 1st unit. We have the prompt selected in Setup to ask if we want to save a card on autopay. So when that payment is being made, it will ask if we want to put it on autopay, click yes, it will then autofill the info into that unit's ledger.
    If you were asking a whole different question, I apologize, that's what my brain captured lol
    I used to be able to do just this, and now....when I go in after I link them together, and use the existing card, it does not prompt me to go on auto pay, so many of us have second units not on auto pay now because of that. We have to get the customer to come back and swipe the card as if it was all new. It is set to prompt in set-up, but not when adding a unit. I swear I need a whole SiteLink overhaul!! 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads