Not happy with update and Storable Payments

Options
GlenMark
GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
So I can live with having to ask for billing information for people using cards that aren't already on file... but returning deposit refunds? Just did one for a tenant this morning and got a prompt saying I could only refund deposit back to a card a tenant has previously used. No, not cool. I have a lot of tenants who either rent units by paying in cash or use different cards for rentals and payments.

Now, if there is no way around returning deposits to any Visa/Mastercard a tenant would like to use, this now sets us back, and forces us to write checks foe these refunds. Gone is quick and seamless. Why didn't you just do the same thing as with the card payments... asking for billing info.

Not happy!

And yes, I already talked to tech support and the one lady I talked to was super awesome, but she transferred me to someone else who wasn't so nice.

Comments

• GlenMark
    Options
    Credit Card on file since the beginning of tenants rental with us. Now it seems I cannot return any security deposits by card now. Thanks SiteLink.

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here is a thread about this that may help
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    It was brought up in another thread that in order to refund a CC in Storable, the payment had to be made while using storable. If I understand correctly, the deposit was made under the previous processor which means that Storable cannot process the refund. A pain in the booty....yes but it is across the board for all of us. I would hope that the tenant would understand. I do understand the frustration though :(
  • GlenMark
    Options
    It was brought up in another thread that in order to refund a CC in Storable, the payment had to be made while using storable. If I understand correctly, the deposit was made under the previous processor which means that Storable cannot process the refund. A pain in the booty....yes but it is across the board for all of us. I would hope that the tenant would understand. I do understand the frustration though :(
    Yes, most were processed through Merchant Services. Figured it would transition to Storable, right?
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am having similar problems, including sending refunds on transactions that WERE processed by Storable.
  • Silverbell
    Silverbell Registered User
    Options
    so I ran into this, I just put a couple numbers in the auth box, clicked the close button, and it processed the refund, granted it was a customer that had rented remotely the same day and didn't want it as it was not CC, but it did work for me,  (I might have closed the box with the x before added the auth number, and I did the refund in storable payments before deleting the receipt in Sitelink, We don't do many refunds, I held my breath but it worked. My reconciliation at end of day was good. (I didn't click "OK" just used the X)
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @GlenMark, this is a security measure to ensure the returned amount goes back to the credit card that paid for it and not a different card. If you have additional questions, please call support at 919-865-0789 Option 2. -Lyndsey H
  • GlenMark
    Options
    @GlenMark, this is a security measure to ensure the returned amount goes back to the credit card that paid for it and not a different card. If you have additional questions, please call support at 919-865-0789 Option 2. -Lyndsey H
    Honestly, that makes no sense. For security? How many credit cards do you personally have? How many of them do you use on a daily or weekly basis? I have more than one. I use more than one; especially with the economy being what it is now. And what happens if a card gets compromised and the tenant had to get a new one?

Btw, I had contacted tech support right after my initial post. They said pretty much the same thing.

If you want to talk about clamping down on security, I would advise you to make sure card's have the correct billing address. Because right now, I can still run cards with old addresses that aren't valid anymore and cards still process just fine.

As much as I enjoy SiteLink for it's ease and convenience, your update for "security" on cards is absurd.
  • GM_SJ_BSS
    GM_SJ_BSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    GlenMark  I agree the upgrade is horrible.  We now have AVS that don't match, when prior to this the avs were all checked and verified correct.  Now avs shows mismatches...Contacted a few tenant to verify billing address, same info was already in sitelink, but now credit card processor says it isn't, even though the tenant is claiming it is correct.  Also, the numbers are not matching on the reports, under reminders AVS shows 6 mismatches, when you pull up the report (which is ridiculously long to load for some strange reason) it only shows 3 mismatches.   Another thing is the  ACH, which we do not allow in store or on the website, but yet now there is an ACH Returns tab are under the reminders for no reason and they do not go away.......I feel if we have it programmed in Sitelink that we do not accept ACH, then this tab should not generate under the reminders....... Very disappointed.   
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @GM_SJ_BSS
    I believe Sitelink is working on the AVS mismatch disparity issues. 
    The very long load time for the credit card report is really annoying. I hope that gets fixed with the AVS issue, but maybe we should make sure Sitelink is aware if it.

The ACH reminder popped up for us because for some reason it got re-enabled for website payments. I believe we had to call Sitelink to get that fixed. Just a heads up that you may want to look into that.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads