Expiring autopay credit cards

teamcapitola
teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else having any issues with expiring Credit Cards & Sitelink notification?

Normally, when a stored credit card is about to expire, Sitelink prompts us to email an "expiring credit card" letter ahead of the exp. date.

Over the past year I've noticed 6-7 accounts that were never prompted for an expiring credit card, and we only found out when the account was flagged for collection calls in the grace period (I have our system set to email friendly rent reminders 5 days past due)

As far as I can tell its totally random; we still process expiring credit card letters, but some just seem to slip through the process somehow. 

I  went to run the Credit Card Roll in Reports, but its now been 10 minutes and counting and the report still hasn't generated. Fun times.

Anyone have any ideas or insights?

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what could be going on with the expiring cards not getting listed. I haven't run into that myself, yet.

We have started running the Credit Card Roll the "night before" (2 to 3 times a week) because it takes so long. We mostly use it for avs matching (which seems to be broken), though, so hopefully they get that ironed out soon, too.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had a problem with this, but since switching from SBOA, I have had an issue with SL saying the card is expired when it's not. I have to delete the card number, call the tenant to get the full card number again, type everything in exactly the same, then it goes thru. That happens at least once a month with different/random tenants
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @teamcapitola, this is a bug that our team is working on fixing. I will let you know as soon as we have an update. -Lyndsey H
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @teamcapitola, this is a bug that our team is working on fixing. I will let you know as soon as we have an update. -Lyndsey H
    Thank you Lyndsey!

At least i'm not going crazy!

Meanwhile I've pulled the Credit Card Roll, sorted by exp. date, and will keep an eye on the expiring accounts.
  • NotLikeStorageWars
    NotLikeStorageWars Registered User
    I have noticed the same issue. My rule of thumb is during the lease and autopay set up I make sure they are aware if the card expires they need to reach out to avoid fees because we will not automatically update this for them.
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Edit: I am sorry, after going all the way up I realize this is nothing to do with the original question......Is it Friday yet?  :/

I have a reminder set up in the CRM. I notify them once by text letting them know that their CC will expire that month & to call in with updated information. Some text back the new Exp date, others will call in. It works well. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads