How many users here make feature requests?

Forgive any frustration that may come out here, but I've gotten little-to-no constructive responses from the development team when feature requests aren't responded to appropriately, requests for information regarding options that are available in SiteLink menus just to be told those don't exist or it's already there and I'll be charged if I need them to do something for me (which is also an assumption that I'm an idiot, because I tested e.g. the Batch Process keywords in forms, and it is an obvious call to a function, and if they aren't supposed to be there, why have they been there for years - meaning the software either isn't tested by anyone to notice these things- I mean, the video game industry has it's own class of labor implemented for this specific function- or there is a function and purpose for them to be there- the answer was just more work than "don't worry yourself about that".. Anyway, this is just one example of the difficulty the dev. team makes simple implementations just as difficult as anything in local government- and most of them aren't even huge changes but bug fixes.(i.e. for a while you weren't able to populate the credit card numbers in the auto-bill window for security reasons, but if you clicked inside the box with the numbers first, and then clicked "Show Number", bam- credit card number).. I'm getting ahead of myself.

My question is to ask how often people make feature requests, how often they're responded to, implemented, or ignored, what those features are (because if it's the number of requests they want, then it's the number of requests they'll get), and if you've had similar- seemingly spiteful experiences from the dev. team? not the customer service reps who have to relay their messages.

What are your experiences with call-ins or communications, especially in regards to feature requests, and would anyone be interested in an experiment in social collaboration? 

Answers

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience with user feedback/input/requests: They simply don't care. We have collectively been requesting several features for years with the promises that they are looking into them and considering them..only to end up with nothing or things nobody asked for (ex: Receipt Audit??)
  • igotthisnow
    igotthisnow Registered User ✭✭✭
    Sitelink is only putting out fires at this point....
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many threads here going back years asking for the same requested features and general overall improvements.  It used to be that an update was exciting because that meant something new and better was coming.  Now, like you said, it's bug fix after bug fix, and the fixes seem to be something an OWNER would want to see in a report not necessarily something the day-to-day user could use to work more efficiently.  

I actually was on a phone call once with someone in the development team.  They called asking for my input.  I was gobsmacked!  They were asking me point blank questions on certain specific screens and such.  It was amazing!  I thought they were really about to accomplish some improvements that we have been asking for.  Well, sadly, nothing has come of it.

I believe all of their energy is going into MyHub and they will eventually leave Sitelink behind.  Which I am totally a-okay with IF we could solely use MyHub.  We all know that aint' happenin' right now.  
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Jim0623
    Jim0623 Registered User ✭✭
    They don’t fix squat.  Worst company I’ve ever dealt with.  It it weren’t such a pain to switch I would have been gone years ago.  

I’ve been requesting the feature where a tenant can respond to a text and it save to tenant notes and notify the manager. Nothing.  Went to Vegas and was told it was going to be added Q1 of 2022 and nothing.  
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to Our World
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, I just wanted to chime in and let you know that this thread has been elevated internally. I hope to provide y'all with updates in the near future. ~Lyndsey H.
  • BrianQ
    BrianQ Registered User
    Jim0623 said:
    They don’t fix squat.  Worst company I’ve ever dealt with.  It it weren’t such a pain to switch I would have been gone years ago.  

I’ve been requesting the feature where a tenant can respond to a text and it save to tenant notes and notify the manager. Nothing.  Went to Vegas and was told it was going to be added Q1 of 2022 and nothing.  
    This would be a neat feature! Sadly I agree, Sitelink updates are only bug fixes these days. Nothing more.
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    Jim0623 said:

SMS Resources is a good fix for this. We have 612 units & I spend around $25 a month for texting services. My text goes into notes & when the tenant responds it also goes into notes on top of receiving an email & a notice in Sitelink itself. I have had it for over 2 years and texting is my most used form of communication with tenants. 
  • GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    I would still like to be able to return deposit refunds back on any card a tenant provides. I know the security updates were for tenant protection, however, it's not helping matters for us as a business or tenants to be able to get their money returned in a timely manner.

So far, we've returned about a half dozen deposits by check via USPS. Three of those were lost in transit, as the postal services is going through another round of issues with losing mail in their system. Now we have angry former tenants who don't want to pay a stop-payment fee for something they feel is not within their control. We don't want to eat any more costs either.

In this day and age, credit card fraud and hacks are commonplace. Several times a month I am updating information from tenants who've had to get new cards issued to them. Some are now switching back to paying their storage rents in cash or check. Doesn't seem fair that we have to find safe, alternate ways of returning money to them when they close out their accounts.

I have been working for my company for over eight years. I know my tenants, both new and old. Is kind of silly to make a simply deposit return so complicated.
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    When an existing tenant on auto pay adds a unit it should automatically set up auto pay or prompt you to ask the tenant for card/ACH info- even though we already have it. 
  • SelfStorageSMS
    SelfStorageSMS Registered User
    Jim0623 said:

We can help with your Texting issue.  Through our SMS software, when a tenant responds by Text, it gets posted to the Unit Notes, AND posts in the Bulletin Board AND can be sent to you in an email.
    We are an authorized vendor through SiteLink (https://www.sitelink.com/marketplace/tenant-notifications/selfstoragesms) and offer truly automated SMS Text Messaging.
    More details about our service, are on our website @ https://www.selfstoragesms.com
    I am one of the owners and would love to answer any questions you have.  Text, call, or email me @ 808-345-3275 or bo@selfstoragesms.com
    - Bo
    PS: We love feature requests...in fact, many of our features have been because of requests by facility owners and operators.

Bo

808-345-3275 text&call  |  bo@selfstoragesms.com  |  SelfStorageSMS.com

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads