Feature Request Collective Submission

Options
SiteLink states that their only basis for considering new features is the frequency of requests made for a particular feature. This is unwise considering that even if a request is addressing the same problem, it may not be the same "feature" requested to solve it- if a request is even made at all..

So I wanted to try something. 

If you've ever made a feature request, post it here. For each one, I'll send in a request for the same feature and request you also do the same for each feature other than your own. 

Hopefully with enough people commenting, we can generate enough requests for multiple features at a larger scale. 

This will either result in action taken to implement those features, or completely dissolve only high-frequency requests as the only reliable criteria to do any work for what's become SiteLinks def. team.

I told you if you wouldn't do anything, then I'd take it to the forum. 

Comments

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry I don't have the energy to list them all.  Here's one:

When you transfer someone into a small unit - please provide the opportunity to decrease their security deposit.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry I don't have the energy to list them all.  Here's one:

When you transfer someone into a small unit - please provide the opportunity to decrease their security deposit.
    I second this!

Also, it would be nice to refund security deposits onto cards that haven't been used for Storable payments or unit rentals since Storable took over.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    We've been promised since 2017, we could be able to use chip card readers "soon".
    I want the feature back where we can add an existing card on autopay to a secondary unit.
    I want to be able to view and send letters in My Hub.
    I want the AVS issues resolved. 1.) There's a discrepancy in what's listed under my Reminders vs the actual report 2.) All AVS has been verified, yet almost half are getting kicked back..we get charged more for those and we're not the ones that are wrong.
    In lead to lease, I want to be able to pick a unit size and not have to pick an actual unit.
    I want the ability to navigate Storable Payments not just in MyHub, but the actual SL on our desktop

These are only a few I can think of off the top of my head.
  • GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    ESS said:
    I want the AVS issues resolved. 1.) There's a discrepancy in what's listed under my Reminders vs the actual report 2.) All AVS has been verified, yet almost half are getting kicked back..we get charged more for those and we're not the ones that are wrong.

Agreed. Spent a fair bit of work to updated AVS information, only to see the list back on the reminders with all of the information that had already been updated. We don't believe we should be charged extra for problems that aren't ours.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GlenMark said:
    ESS said:

Agreed. Spent a fair bit of work to updated AVS information, only to see the list back on the reminders with all of the information that had already been updated. We don't believe we should be charged extra for problems that aren't ours.

---

Agreed!  I know the AVS is correct and I'm getting charged extra to run them?!?!
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • GM_SJ_BSS
    GM_SJ_BSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
  • ksenn
    ksenn Registered User
    Options
    We agree that we need the option to decrease the security deposit when transferring from a larger to smaller unit.
  • FSS
    FSS Registered User
    Options
    If there is a known, sitewide issue, there needs to be a way to notify either via email or a post here so that every single storage facility using Sitelink is not contacting customer service with the same issue.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just wanted to chime in and let you know that this thread has been elevated internally. I hope to provide y'all with updates in the near future. ~Lyndsey H.
  • ksenn
    ksenn Registered User
    Options
    When updating a customer credit card expiration date and cvv, there have been times when it says that it's an invalid card number even though the card number has not changed. Once I reenter the card number again, it accepts it. It's kind of embarrassing that the customer has to give us that information again after we've been auto billing that card for years.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SPELLCHECK IN TENANT NOTES
  • ksenn
    ksenn Registered User
    Options
    Being able to edit/delete tenant notes. I was told we aren't able to do it for security reasons. I can understand the ones that are system generated, but why can't we edit the ones that we manually make?!
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ksenn said:
    Being able to edit/delete tenant notes. I was told we aren't able to do it for security reasons. I can understand the ones that are system generated, but why can't we edit the ones that we manually make?!
    I would never want to have anyone able to edit any tenant notes, for the reason you were given. There are dishonest employees out there and they could go back and edit what they did or didn't say to a tenant, any action they took, etc. 
  • ESS
    Options
    If I need to make an "edit" or add on to a note I start a new one with "In addition to prev note" or "Correction to last note"
  • JEFFRY
    JEFFRY Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I would love to have a note of importance got to the top of the notes. the tenant note is nice but it is overlooked when going through the collection section and it is very inconvenient having to remember that a particular tenant has a special note in a different location. an issue i can foresee is if we make too many of them it would stack on top of each other, but maybe make it so that only one or two stay up at a time.
  • JEFFRY
    Options
    another feature that might be nice is to have a "blacklisted" section or some way to get a notification that a particular customer is no longer able to rent with us. maybe linked to the id number so that people with the same first and last names are not affected by sheer coincidence? idk how that could be possible but it sure would be nice.
  • ESS
    Options
    JEFFRY said:
    I would love to have a note of importance got to the top of the notes. the tenant note is nice but it is overlooked when going through the collection section and it is very inconvenient having to remember that a particular tenant has a special note in a different location. an issue i can foresee is if we make too many of them it would stack on top of each other, but maybe make it so that only one or two stay up at a time.
    A pinned comment feature would be nice. 
    Blacklist feature would be nice, also. My assistant doesn't have access to moved out accounts so he's unable to check previous tenant accounts. I've gone thru all past tenants and typed in the Company section either Do not rent, owes bal, or whatever pertains to them, just so he can see that when he searches at the move-in screen. The license number or birthdate would be a perfect search tool for this. Granted, some people are shady either way and will bring in an ID when they rented previously with a DL, but that's not too often.
  • JEFFRY
    Options
    @ESS that is exactly what we have been doing in regards to blacklisting old tenants, but it only works if they tell you they have rented or if you actively search before renting the unit, so far no issues on our end but it would be nice if it was an automatic thing that is integrated into the system. thank you!
  • ESS
    Options
    It def gets missed sometimes. There's been an occurence where I came in and noticed a new rental, recognized the name, cross checked, and sure enough, he owed us money. I had to do a non-renewal on the guy and he blamed us for not catching it that he owed us thousands of dollars and we were putting him out :neutral:
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ESS said:
    ksenn said:
    I would never want to have anyone able to edit any tenant notes, for the reason you were given. There are dishonest employees out there and they could go back and edit what they did or didn't say to a tenant, any action they took, etc. 

I agree that notes shouldn't be editable for many security reasons, however I think a manager should be able to delete or edit a note same day prior to a daily close.

Sitelink techs told me awhile back that they couldn't allow editing notes for security reasons (system notes etc.) but there should be a way to separate system notes from "user typed" notes if only for those times you accidentally put a note into the wrong account or similar. Possibly have it be a restricted permission that could be assigned?
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    SPELLCHECK IN TENANT NOTES
    Spell check in SL emails!!! 

• i43storage
    Options
    ESS said:
    ksenn said:
    Being able to edit/delete tenant notes.

Not being able to edit notes makes it more valuable in a court of law.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    ESS said:
    We've been promised since 2017, we could be able to use chip card readers "soon".
    I want the feature back where we can add an existing card on autopay to a secondary unit.
    I want to be able to view and send letters in My Hub.
    In lead to lease, I want to be able to pick a unit size and not have to pick an actual unit.
    I want the ability to navigate Storable Payments not just in MyHub, but the actual SL on our desktop

These are only a few I can think of off the top of my head.
    ME TOOOOOO!! ALL OF THIS!
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    My wish list:
    1. The ability to see my facility map from the reservations screen, for all the obvious reasons. 
    2. SMS text messaging.
    3. To be able to see "do not rent" from the reservations screen.
    4. Resolve the AVS issue please. 
    5. Pinned comment feature at the top of notes is a fantastic suggestion!
    6. The ability to delete all the misspelled cities in the drop down menus. 

That's all I can think of at this time.
  • JEFFRY
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I don't know if its even possible, but the best feature of myhub in my opinion is being able to switch from one facility to another with just a few clicks. if webedition could do that it would be immensely helpful for our locations!
  • ESS
    Options
    JEFFRY said:
    I don't know if its even possible, but the best feature of myhub in my opinion is being able to switch from one facility to another with just a few clicks. if webedition could do that it would be immensely helpful for our locations!
    You can do that in corporate control, for web edition, but it's not as streamlined as regular web edition.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JEFFRY said:
    You can have Web Edition open for every location under the same corporate code.
  • JEFFRY
    Options
    @ESS I don't have corporate control unfortunately.  @MamaDuke7 that's what i normally do but its not as seamless as myhub it was just a feature that'd be nice for those unexpected times i gotta deal with another facilities tenants.
  • GM_SJ_BSS
    GM_SJ_BSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    A feature I would like is with the proration under setup, this would be awesome if it were available under each tenant's ledger settings to be used for some tenants but not straight across the board.  I do have a handful of tenants we allow to make partial payments, it's currently setup so the paid thru date only changes when the full rent has been paid, the other option is to change the paid thru date for partial  payments made, I would like this option for the tenants that are allowed partial payments so that every time they made a payment it would adjust their paid thru date to reflect it.  I am very aware this would cause issues regarding liens but for these tenants that's not the concern.  Just a thought
  • teesee150
    teesee150 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I HATE HATE HATE when a tenant rents a second, third, fourth unit, and I have to get their CC info for auto bill because it cannot be copied over. This wasn't a problem until Storable Payments was forced upon  us.

We have over 2000 units and this issues comes up almost weekly and its embarrassing to keep having to ask the tenant for their CC info or when we have tenants that a self storage unit and a seasonal vehicle/RV and same situation arises. 
  • teesee150
    Options
    Also, during move outs, why is it not possible to email a move out receipt. I have SOOOO many customers that ask for an email confirmation on move out and there is no easy way to send one from Sitelink.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    teesee150 said:
    Also, during move outs, why is it not possible to email a move out receipt. I have SOOOO many customers that ask for an email confirmation on move out and there is no easy way to send one from Sitelink.
    In Customer Relationship Management, set up an event called Moved Out that prompts you to send a Move Out Receipt 0 days after the event of Move Out.  As soon as you move someone out, it pops up in the reminder list.  Process it, and done!  Super easy.
  • teesee150
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    teesee150 said:
    In Customer Relationship Management, set up an event called Moved Out that prompts you to send a Move Out Receipt 0 days after the event of Move Out.  As soon as you move someone out, it pops up in the reminder list.  Process it, and done!  Super easy.
    I'll have to check it out. Would still be nice to get a prompt to send an email since we already get a prompt to print during move out.
  • teesee150
    Options
    Another feature that would be really helpful is to have a Keycode for Davinci Lock Combo on Sitelink forms. We use Davinci locks on all of our empty units and currently rely on Davinci to automatically text/email the tenant the code when the unit is rented but about 50% of my new rentals say they never got the code from Davinci. It would be great if we could add this to our welcome letter that we email tenants after they move in.
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    JEFFRY said:
    Also, to lock in different background colors for different locations. I know Company>Utilities>CtrShiftQ does it, but it would be nice to be able to lock it.
  • ESS
    Options
    teesee150 said:
    MamaDuke7 said:
    teesee150 said:
    I'll have to check it out. Would still be nice to get a prompt to send an email since we already get a prompt to print during move out.
    In the next update, this will be available. 
  • teesee150
    Options
    Another requested feature would be to allow negative days on the Move In Letter for CRM Campaigns. We allow tenants to book out several days in advance on our website and it would be nice if we could automate the Move In letter as soon as they sign up instead of having to wait until the actual day the rent 
  • JEFFRY
    Options
    I saw another post about blocking certain people from moving in and I would love it if they could implement it, like they said in that post the most plausible way would be to match the ID number and have a prompt pop up before the rental is completed. we have had a few people that are trouble makers over the years and my coworkers and I will recognize them but we can't be sure they won't rent when someone is covering the office or online move ins, or it happened so long ago we don't remember. 
  • teesee150
    Options
    ESS said:
    teesee150 said:
    MamaDuke7 said:
    teesee150 said:
    In the next update, this will be available. 
    I saw it earlier today in the release notes!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads