Adding Discount To Ledger and Making Payment for rent unit

Options
We rent unit on siteLink and want to add discount to unit. After adding discount, we want to make payment for it. How can we achieve this process?

Answers

• storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, @kaungkyawmoe. There are two ways to do this. Please see the below instructions and let us know if you have any questions! 

Applying Discounts at Move-in:
    To apply a discount to rent at move-in, you will need to start the move-in process as normal. Once you get to the Move-In screen, you will select the + sign next to the Initial Rent. On the next screen, you will need to select the rent and then click the down arrow under Discount Plan and select the plan you want to apply. Select "Yes" on the popup screen asking if you want to apply the concession plan. Then close out of that screen and you will see the discount applied. Continue with move-in as normal and take payment.
    The discount will be applied according to how it is set up. For example, if it is recurring it will be applied monthly, if it is only for a set time it will apply for that amount of time.

Applying Discounts After Move-In:
    Go into the tenant's payment screen. Click Edit Charges and Payments (if there are no rental charges already on the account you will need to create a new rental charge by clicking Make Future Charge and OK to save it). Once in Edit Charges and Payments screen, you will select the rent then click Apply Discount Plan and choose the plan to apply.
    On the popup screen select yes to apply the concession plan. Click OK and then OK again to save it. The discount will now be applied to the account moving forward for the amount of time it is set up for.

• kaungkyawmoe
    kaungkyawmoe Registered User
    Options
    How can we achieve adding discounts to ledger and making payments on sitelink software "api" ?

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How can we achieve adding discounts to ledger and making payments on sitelink software "api" ?

How it's described above, is that process. Are you having trouble with something else perhaps?
  • kaungkyawmoe
    Options
    I would like to do this process "How can we achieve adding discounts to ledger and making payments on sitelink software "api" ?" via sitelink API but sitelink myhub
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would like to do this process "How can we achieve adding discounts to ledger and making payments on sitelink software "api" ?" via sitelink API but sitelink myhub
    In myhub, you go to the payment screen for the tenant and scroll to the bottom.  Add the charge if necessary, then click on it and you'll see your available discounts.

• kaungkyawmoe
    Options
    Yes I can do adding discounts to unit and making payments for it on sitelink myhub website.What I mean is to add discounts to unit and make payment for it using API supported by sitelink not using myhub.We can retrieve move-in information using API.I would like to do make this adding discounts to unit via "SiteLink API supported for developer" not from myhub.
    Thank you.
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you're wanting to add discounts from the "SiteLink Web Edition" you would click on payments, then click Edit Charges & Payments, once there you can click the drop down menu "Apply Discount Plan" and choose the discount you are wanting to add. Web Edition and Myhub are the only 2 I know of...hope this is what you are asking about.

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It seems @kaungkyawmoe is looking for a way to do it with the API. Basically to do it without using the sitelink or Myhub interfaces that most of us are used to, but more like having a website do it instead.

I don't know if this article would help: https://www.storagepug.com/blog/2018/05/enable-website-discounts-through-sitelink

If you are paying for API access, I believe you can call Sitelink support to get the information you need.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads