SLOW data refresh

Options
Oren
Oren Registered User
Anyone else notice huge delays in refreshing data after the last few updates? My site has two workstations, and I have a Surface that all were fine until recently.

Now it's taking 10 minutes to refresh data instead of ten minutes. Literally. I've had it take even up to 15 minutes. Not great when in the middle of a lease. Normally it would barely take ten minutes to do the whole lease process, doing most of it, then waiting ten minutes to be able to email/print the lease and then move on to other documents.

Is this a known issue with a resolution coming down the pike? Is anyone else dealing with this?

My two workstations are PCs running windows 10, and I upgraded them from 8 to 24 GB of ram to help out. The system is definitely more responsive, but those refresh waits are not changed.

On my surface, it's running windows 11(which was a nightmare to set up), but was always a much faster option than a workstation. Now once I've opened the application and signed in, it's at least a 10 minute wait to get to the main screen, and any data refresh will likely be another 5 minute ordeal AT LEAST.

I really hope something is going to be worked out soon.

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't had that exact issue often. When I do, I run disk cleanup and delete cookies & temp files.  

I do occasionally get some sort of glitch when moving in a customer and get to the payment portion, click the method (Visa, MC, etc) swipe the card and then SiteLink just closes completely out. Once I log back in, the "move-in" is showing as a reservation.  Has anyone else had SiteLink just close out like that?
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After Sitelink updates, our computers often start choking on refreshes. According to the logs, there is mismatched data type or something with the database (I cant re-create it right now)

The fix (for us) seems to be to go into Company, Utilities, SHIFT-CTRL-D, Defragment and repair local database. I usually end up doing this after a few transactions after Sitelink updates. 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @AnitaJohnson1269
    It is rare, but we have had Sitelink crash close like that on occasion. we have had other programs (like Chrome) close similarly, so I am guessing it's not specifically a Sitelink thing. 
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Oren - Logging in pulls all missing data for the site since the last login. This can be significant due to how much information there is. However, after logging in, any data refresh should only grab the most recent information.

That being said, extended delays are not expected and if that is happening, you will want to contact the support team at 919-865-0789 > Option 2 to troubleshoot.

Note that we are working on improvements to the login process to change how data is retrieved so that logging in is faster.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads