What happens when we terminate a rental agreement and the tenant doesn't come get their stuff?

Options
Seandra
Seandra Registered User
We terminated a rental agreement and the tenant has not come to remove their belongings. I can't find anything that states what we should do if they don't return. 

Answers

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In CA, you can refuse payment and send it through the lien process and auction it, or you can do a court eviction.
  • Seandra
    Seandra Registered User
    Options
    Court eviction is for tenant/landlord residential issues. It doesn't apply to self storage. I did read that already.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seandra said:
    Court eviction is for tenant/landlord residential issues. It doesn't apply to self storage. I did read that already.
    Well, I've had to do court evictions here in CA before!  
  • Seandra
    Seandra Registered User
    Options
    Hmmm. Interesting. I'll look into it. Thank you. 
  • DDP3
    DDP3 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    in MD we would send the termination notice via certified mail; Our lease specifies that we will advise the tenant to move out within a required time, and failure to do so would result in us removing the items ourselves either directly or thru a legal process. aka eviction
  • pammerjammer1964
    pammerjammer1964 Registered User
    Options
    We do court evictions in Texas also.  It depends on what your state will allow.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads