Apple Pay & Sitelink

Options
Good afternoon, 

We are a UK sitelink user and have been for many years, we process the majority of our payments using the sitelink payments processor with First Data as merchant provider.

We manually enter credit card details if people want to pay on card instore, however we have more & more people that are asking to use Apple or Android Pay with their phones. We don't a card machine that allows us to do that, we would just take their card details and enter into sitelink to process the payment.

Is there a way to take Apple/Android payments with our current system (mayve adding a device) but it still go through sitelink?

Not sure if I've explained it, but thought I would try here.

Thanks

Damian

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not at this time.  The only way is the way you are doing it - take the card details and manually enter it.
  • teesee150
    teesee150 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sitelink has said chip cards are coming in the next six months for ten years now. If they can't even bring chip cards to the table, no way we will ever see apple/Samsung pay
  • DDP3
    DDP3 Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options
    A few years ago I had an experience where one of my tenants simply tapped our normal card swiper with his Android (not sure the model), and it did actually auto input all of his credit card info on my payment screen. 

I was never able to figure out exactly how, but this was the only time I've seen something like this. The customer also didn't even to ask if he could lol..(as i would have told him it would not work) - I just told him the total and he then he tapped the swiper with his phone to where I was immediately surprised lol. 

FYI the CC Swiper I am speaking of we purchased thru U-Haul, Model # MSR213U

Anyone else seen anything like this?
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Samsung had some flagship phones that have "magnetic loop technology" or something like that. They call it MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission). It lets the phone magnetically "talk" to the stripe reader in traditional card swipe devices.
  • DDP3
    DDP3 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    wow I never knew that, thanks! @themage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads