My Gardening Attempt: Part 3

Options
lovtotrvl
lovtotrvl Registered User ✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in Hobbies and DIY
I started gardening a few weeks ago (for the first time!) 

Click here for Part 1
Click here for Part 2

Part Three:

O.B is still chewing on the fern. She loves it on my balcony because she can watch the birds and spend time trying to stare down my next door neighbor's dog (he likes to hang out on his balcony, too), so I don't have the heart to keep her away. 

O.B caught in the act of eating my fern:

I noticed that she hasn't eaten as much food since I started gardening. I guess she's filling up on salad. (Joke courtesy of my sister).

My petunias died. It's probably from a combination of too much water and too little dirt. The flowers in the tier below them are doing okay, but not thriving. 

Dead/dying petunias:

The flowers in my other pots are doing really well! They petals are opening up and the stems and green and springy. I stepped out onto my balcony this morning and was so happy that they looked healthy and alive.

Aren't they beautiful?

Does anyone know if the petunias can be salvaged? Or should I just give them to O.B and let her get some more greens in her diet?

Comments

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I love gardening! The first thing I learned when I started gardening here was that hydrangeas will DIE in full sun  :# I was so excited to plant a hydrangea and July quickly killed it  :'( I have learned my lesson.
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Re the petunias, sadly I think they are toast...
    Your photo of the white flowers is beautiful! What's the name of those? I know I've seen them before.
  • StorageGuru
    StorageGuru Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    The planters are beautiful!
  • blakekhall
    blakekhall Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    I love gardening as well and this weekend a severe storm came thru our area and NAILED my flower pots in from of our store...bummer!
  • Cindhope43
    Cindhope43 Registered User
    Options
    Terrible!
  • Shawnab8
    Shawnab8 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭
    Options
    I am so good at outdoor plants but when it comes to indoor ones I always kill them!! WHY? I'm busy when I'm in my office but outside I stop to smell the roses I guess.  
  • mrdbryan
    mrdbryan Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    Gardening was a way in which I grieved over a loss of a friend back in 2008.   BTW  lovtotrvl... I enjoyed your post!
  • MichaelSulz
    MichaelSulz Registered User
    Options
    Bryan, your garden is my goal garden)))) so fabulous!
Was that you laughing?
Go ahead and LOL a post. Reactions are a fun and easy way to express your feelings!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads