Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SiteLink Support & Sales

Welcome to StorageForum!
If you're new take a look at the StorageForum Terms of Use and don't forget to check out Daily Dilbert!

Entering Notes on an Account with Multiple Units

AZStorageGuyAZStorageGuy AZRegistered User ✭✭✭
I did not see a better place to post this, so I am posting it here.  (SL, if there is another forum category for asking technical minutiae-type questions like this, please let me know.)

When entering notes on a customer's account that has multiple units, I generally want the note to be visible across the entire account no matter which unit I have selected.  It is rare that I want or need a particular note to be visible only when a particular space # is selected.

The problem is, to enable this, I have to remember to check the box below the New Note field which says, "Save note to all currently rented units for this tenant."  Guess what?  I frequently forget to do that!  So then I have to go back and copy and paste the note to the other units.

Idea/Request: could you possibly make that box checked to be the default setting?

That way, every note is saved across the entire account, unless the SL user wants it otherwise.

I would like to hear if other managers/SL users have had this (minor) issue, and would want a programming tweak done in SL to adjust for it.

Answers

• Sue_CSue_C NADaily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey AZStorageGuy, thanks for your great question! We love to see posts like this--input and discussion from others in the SiteLink community is the focus of the forum, so don't hesitate!
    Since it's about SiteLink software in general, I'm going to move this to "SiteLink General Discussions-Software Operations" up at the top. These 2 categories do look really similar so I see what you mean, we can revisit the titles. Thanks again for posting!
  • RonRon CARegistered User ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    If you are on web, you can select all units, then enter your comment and it is on all the units. Stand alone, I don't remember....sorry
  • AZStorageGuyAZStorageGuy AZRegistered User ✭✭✭
    Actually, Ron, on web edition, when you go to the notes screen, you have to select a unit off the list first.  There is no all units option. So, unless you check that box at the bottom, your note will only show up under the unit selected.
    Thank you, Sue!  I'll be sure and post under software ops the next time.
  • RonRon CARegistered User ✭✭✭
    I was looking at the Tenant Note on the main screen, that goes to all units. I have never looked at the notes screen and the save note to all. It is not very often I have to go to notes. Last was to check an IP address on a credit fraud case

I'm posting customer notes all day long.  I live there!