Entering Notes on an Account with Multiple Units

Options
AZStorageGuy
AZStorageGuy Registered User ✭✭✭
I did not see a better place to post this, so I am posting it here.  (SL, if there is another forum category for asking technical minutiae-type questions like this, please let me know.)

When entering notes on a customer's account that has multiple units, I generally want the note to be visible across the entire account no matter which unit I have selected.  It is rare that I want or need a particular note to be visible only when a particular space # is selected.

The problem is, to enable this, I have to remember to check the box below the New Note field which says, "Save note to all currently rented units for this tenant."  Guess what?  I frequently forget to do that!  So then I have to go back and copy and paste the note to the other units.

Idea/Request: could you possibly make that box checked to be the default setting?

That way, every note is saved across the entire account, unless the SL user wants it otherwise.

I would like to hear if other managers/SL users have had this (minor) issue, and would want a programming tweak done in SL to adjust for it.
 William McBride

Answers

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey AZStorageGuy, thanks for your great question! We love to see posts like this--input and discussion from others in the SiteLink community is the focus of the forum, so don't hesitate!
    Since it's about SiteLink software in general, I'm going to move this to "SiteLink General Discussions-Software Operations" up at the top. These 2 categories do look really similar so I see what you mean, we can revisit the titles. Thanks again for posting!
  • Ron
    Ron Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If you are on web, you can select all units, then enter your comment and it is on all the units. Stand alone, I don't remember....sorry
  • AZStorageGuy
    Options
    Actually, Ron, on web edition, when you go to the notes screen, you have to select a unit off the list first.  There is no all units option. So, unless you check that box at the bottom, your note will only show up under the unit selected.
     William McBride
  • AZStorageGuy
    Options
    Thank you, Sue!  I'll be sure and post under software ops the next time.
     William McBride
  • Ron
    Ron Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I was looking at the Tenant Note on the main screen, that goes to all units. I have never looked at the notes screen and the save note to all. It is not very often I have to go to notes. Last was to check an IP address on a credit fraud case

• AZStorageGuy
    Options
    I'm posting customer notes all day long.  I live there!
     William McBride
  • pammerjammer1964
    pammerjammer1964 Registered User
    Options
    yes!  I agree.  It would be simpler to have it post to all units.
  • GM_SJ_BSS
    GM_SJ_BSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Having them automatically go on all units is ok for general notes, but if its unit specific I prefer it only be noted under that particular unit notes.  
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Personally, I would NOT want it to default to all units.  It's far less common for my notes to be for more than one of their spaces.  And it's 2nd nature for me to pay attention and check the box when it is.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I prefer the way it is now. If it were to save to all units, I would have to be more detailed in my notes than I already am: "Tnt called and will be vacating by EOM" "Found unit locked open, called tnt to adv"
    I don't want to have to specify which one. When I do collections or make note of a check or money order payment, I just click the little box to save to all and that's been convenient. If I ever forget, I just copy/paste to the other units
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ron said:
    I was looking at the Tenant Note on the main screen, that goes to all units. I have never looked at the notes screen and the save note to all. It is not very often I have to go to notes. Last was to check an IP address on a credit fraud case

How do you rarely have to go to notes???? LOL I'm like @AZStorageGuy, this is where I can check if my staff has done their call backs, when the last time the card on file declined, if there has been any incidents, besides when you are in collections calls, or calls past due, it automatically opens in notes. How are you avoiding that? OH I'm just using the desktop web edition, maybe it doesn't do that on myhub. 
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ron said:

How do you rarely have to go to notes???? LOL I'm like @AZStorageGuy, this is where I can check if my staff has done their call backs, when the last time the card on file declined, if there has been any incidents, besides when you are in collections calls, or calls past due, it automatically opens in notes. How are you avoiding that? OH I'm just using the desktop web edition, maybe it doesn't do that on myhub. 
    Same here. It's also helpful to pull the notes reports when I come in on Monday's, I can check everything my assistant encountered over the weekend. Saves a lot of headaches, he-said she-said, I didn't say that, I was never told this, etc.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads