Pop up notification upon accessing an account suggestion

Orkocean
Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
So I know there is the note on the payment screen in red text where I normally put important notes that should be addressed next time we see the customer. Such as mail returned due to bad address, bad phone #'s etc.. Unfortunately not all employees grasp the concept of "paying attention" I guess would be a nice way of saying it. I'm not sure if anyone else has employees who have a habit of "missing things" but I'd certainly be able to make use of a feature where I could put a note in that would then become a pop up window forcing the employee to take notice and action for whatever the issue may be upon opening the account. It could then be clicked off *post poned* so it stays a pop up for the account until resolved if not resolved that time or "dismissed" if the issue is resolved.
Tagged:

Comments

• ThriftyStorage
    ThriftyStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Something like what you ae describing should not be missed, maybe the employee does not care.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thrifty that's pretty much exactly what it is, but sadly it would be easier to convince sitelink to add that feature than the owner to replace the people lol.
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion @Orkocean! Pop-ups work really well for some people, and others say we have too many already :) like the confirmations when saving a transaction. Maybe there's another way to grab their attention (in addition to or instead of red text)...anyone else want to weigh in on this issue?
  • eddie
    eddie Registered User
    I like the idea of pop ups. It's just me and the owner here. When I'm out he could see what needs attention.
  • Orkocean
    It's been awhile since i've seen one on an account since most people have moved away from using checks now a days but didn't the NSF icon that popped up next to the note bar on payment screen flash? Maybe the whole bar could flash as that would be enough to garner someones attention *I would hope lol*
  • James_Renouf
    James_Renouf SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
    There are several options for notifications.

Here are some of the most popular.

#1. In the payment screen clicking on the Note field that is in the middle of the payment screen for the tenant. This is a permanent note that will show every time you enter the screen. For example "Don't take checks from this person".

#2. In the Notes report at the top of the payments screen you can add a note and click the button for a reminder. With this you can create a date to show on your reminders screen. It is not a "pop up" but the reminders screen should be a focal point for all users.

#3. Create an item in the Calendar. You can choose a date and time. The calendar can be set as the first screen that you see when you log into the program. 

• Orkocean
    Hey James,  Those are all items we use. The #1 option as I mentioned in the original post should be the solution but as I said some workers are "blind" to actually paying attention to what they are doing and looking at as they go into automatic take a payment mode. As much as I wish I could say every worker is thorough and pays attention to what they are doing that's just not the case. Options #2 and #3 wouldn't be relevant for these issues as it would need to be something should that specific tenant come in and their account is getting pulled up to be a *BAM* in your face notice for the worker to draw their attention to it.

The note section for #1 you'd be surprised how many people use for un-needed items, some of the notes i've come across being placed in that field upon store takeovers is pretty sad.
  • James_Renouf
    James_Renouf SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
    I appreciate that explanation. We currently have a feature request for pop ups and I will bring this up.
  • JEFFRY
    JEFFRY Registered User ✭✭✭
    @Orkocean I think this is a great idea, for the most part the red tenant notes work, but for a trouble tenant that we need to udate address phones, get new card or not call on sundays etc, it would be beneficial for us. lets all rally up and make them add it lol
  • Storageinasnapp
    Storageinasnapp Registered User ✭✭✭
    I like the Pop Up reminders. I had them with a different program and I loved it. 
    It was a great way to grab your attention.
    We do use the note section, Calendar reminder etc. in Sitelink, but sometimes people can be in a rush, distracted, maybe get to commonplace to actually read them.
    A "pop up" is hard to ignore or overlook ;)
  • jdennis
    jdennis Registered User
    we do not even use the 1st for that use, just as a reminder for access.  Will start using it for that purpose but I agree about the pop ups as well.  I have learned so much about day to day uses of site link from this forum, it has filled some cold snow blowing days. Thanks 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would also be nice to have the ability to highlight a particular note in color - or even bold or underline would be nice.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Orkocean
    Well considering this post was documented as being brought up in June 2017, yet we're in 2020 now and still nothing so either they don't feel enough people want it as an option or they just don't want to add actual useful features and instead keep working on myhub which from everyone I know who uses sitelink, doesn't get used for the most part.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree..while I have some that tell me new features ARE beneficial to others. I sit here and wonder...what about the rest of us and our requests? 
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orkocean said:
    Well considering this post was documented as being brought up in June 2017, yet we're in 2020 now and still nothing so either they don't feel enough people want it as an option or they just don't want to add actual useful features and instead keep working on myhub which from everyone I know who uses sitelink, doesn't get used for the most part.

If they understood the frustration every time we have a  "new improved update" that brags about new features of MyHub! ...only to watch our performance degrade.

As a user for almost 10 years, Please PLEASE stop futzing with MyHub, and pay attention to the 95% of the product users actually use!   like perhaps, I don't know,.... Spellcheck in notes anyone?!?! 

There are plenty of brilliant ideas, actual productive things, that have been asked for year after year by users and would be great sale points to actual users. Work on that for a bit please.

MyHub looks pretty in a sales call or in a demo, but is pretty worthless to actual day to day business use.

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

MyHub looks pretty in a sales call or in a demo, but is pretty worthless to actual day to day business use.

My thoughts exactly. I rarely use MuHub..only if it is after hours and a tenant is at the gate calling me and I need to look up their account. Other than that, until they add the ability to do a daily close on MyHub (which they have stated they would do) , it offers nothing of significant use. 
  • Orkocean
    In the years since Myhub has been pushed as useful i've used it maybe 3 times? Once for a rental during Hurricane Harvey and systems were down, once for a payment when all systems were tied up and just recently to look up who a person was when I got called to a sister site to let someone out after hours. Was it "needed" during any of those times? Nope, the rental was the first time to bother using it and I was like "oh this will be cool to try!" Yeah, did it once and wont do it again unless I have no other options. 

Not all business ideas are good and need to be stuck with no matter how ground breaking they may be. I mean I was looking forward to Google Glasses but they realized the issues and stopped that project, hopefully one day it'll be recreated and better but they knew not to keep pushing it to the customers. Also not all business ideas have to be the best and most ground breaking to be a success, helloooooo pet rock!

Don't rest on your "Awards", I still will push sitelink to anyone who asks just like I did with my current company and got them to switch to it but even I am starting to get that itch to look elsewhere.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

It is disappointing Sitelink doesn't seem to listen to the customers' recommendations for improvements to the software.  SO many little things that could be added/changed to improve productivity with some simple coding.  Yet, they seem to be only focused on the MyHub.

Unless MyHub can do everything that the web-based software is currently doing, why would I bother?

Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • i43storage
    edited February 2020

@Eric_Lewis

You might like to share this thread again with your team.  Many of these posts are coming from customers who have been using Sitelink forever.  Myself included.

Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • JEFFRY
    JEFFRY Registered User ✭✭✭
    @Eric_Lewis Just want to keep the interest going for this, i want to remind the admins that we still want this feature added.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads