Gate issues!!! So many gate issues....

Options
My gate was not letting people out past 11:00 pm  when the access hours cut off. We realized that the gate was not set up for 24 hour exit and fixed that issue.
we also exchanged the keypads so that the exit keypad is now the entry keypad. Well......the gate was not letting people in this morning!!! Not opening with manager access code either! Someone with a gate remote had to be coming out to open it. Then, when in Storlogix, we held the gate 'open' figuring it is better than closing it down, but, when released the gate would not close. We had to close it manually. It has been working passibly since the morning(people have to put in code a few times to get in/out....) opening and closing. at this point in time we have tried a few things(exchanging the keypads, messing with the software setup etc.)
Anybody have any idea what might be going on? 

Answers

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't help with the keypad zones, but we used to have a gate opener that would basically go to sleep when held open for long. After turning off the hold open, using the remote or resetting the opener itself would start it up again.

I don't know how your keypads interface with the computers, but double check the wiring and see if there are any communication errors / issues. Also double check the relays that open the gate and make sure the protection diode is installed if it is needed.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go to the keypad server box and hold down the reset button (upper left corner of circuit board) for about 15 seconds.  That often clears out the issues.

Also, I assume you have completely restarted the computer that holds Storlogix.  That's another good place to start.
  • Dobarduff
    Dobarduff Registered User
    edited September 2021
    Options
    You can do a lot with the app of the gate. For example, at my gate, I can respond to anyone calling from my mobile phone. Also, I can open and close the gates wherever I am. This system was installed for me by everlastgates.com. It is a company that is specialized in fences, gates, and driveways. But there, you can also find some automatic gates that are more sophisticated. I know that some of them can even recognize the car from a distance and open the gates automatically without pushing any buttons or using any remote controls.
  • lancew
    lancew Registered User
    Options
    Call Aaron at SpiderDoor. These problems will go away. adamw
  • SharonB
    SharonB Registered User
    Options
    Looking for suggestions for gate software to replace Digigate. 
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello, I wanted to make sure that everyone on this thread knows we’ll be launching Storable Access Control fully embedded into SiteLink Software next month!

What's really exciting about Storable Access Control is the ability to manage, configure, and troubleshoot your Access Control program directly from SiteLink. Additionally, we're able to save you time through a single support team to help troubleshoot any issues across the Storable Platform.

There's more information available here and I'm also happy to answer any questions that you may have! ~Amy C.
  • LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Twice I have put my info in for more information. Still no call or contact
  • storable_support
    Options
    Hi, @LADYLIFT1. I'm so sorry to hear this and will nudge the Team right now for you! ~Amy C.

• LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    thank you

• storable_support
    Options
    Hi, again. I'm happy to announce that Access Control for SiteLink is HERE! 
    Please see this post for more details :) ~Amy C.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads