Swiping DL's to enter tenant information

LSAirport
LSAirport Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
edited March 2018 in SiteLink myHub
I've used my credit card swiper to populate the tenant information into SiteLink in the Web Edition for years.  Will this capability be added to MyHub, either with a dongle on a tablet or also while using MyHub on desktop PC? :) 

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might not be a priority for sitelink as not all states drivers licenses will work. Texas and Florida's do but I'm not sure which others have it embedded on the strip as well. Personally I always taught my workers to not do it as I wanted them entering what was put on our info sheet as a majority of the time the addresses would be different and even the names, a "Kenneth" would go by "Ken" for example. Our policy was you only put what they provide on the info sheet.
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Orkocean is correct, not all states use the magnetic strip on the DL. For example, North Carolina uses a barcode instead.

@LSAirport, there are plans to add card-swiping capability to myHub in the future, and once it's in place swiping a magnetic strip-type license should work as well.
  • LSAirport
    LSAirport Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
    :)
  • HHolbert
    HHolbert Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified
    I would love the card swipe ability as it places all non changing, legal important info (as it should appear) less the address, which we should confirm, swipe or no swipe. Having to change the address would be no extra work on our behalf, as all other info has been 'swiped' in play!! These are legal docs we have our clients sign, so legal names, are important and it ensures accuracy, no typo!! Whoot!Whoot!
  • Wendy
    Wendy Registered User

If you DO have a magnetic strip is there a specific setting? we have the strip but SL doesn't read it...

• LSAirport
    You need to have a "3" track swiper to get the full info. There are 1 & 2 rack versions out there. Check with your Credit card processor, mine sent "free" swipers to me 
  • Rebecca_Holland
    Rebecca_Holland Registered User, Daily Operations Certified
    We'd like to capturer DL info, too.  At what point do you swipe the card to capture this information?
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never heard of such a thing.  We do not have strips.  Amazing!
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads