New tenant multi unit move in

storallgsa
storallgsa Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in SiteLink General Discussions
I cant seem to find any way to move a new tenant into 2 or more units without having to charge the cc more than one time. The only way i can seem to do this is to rent them 1 unit, charge the card then add another unit and run the card again. any ideas on how to do this or if it can even be done?
Thanks

Comments

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried moving them into the units without entering the charge card - and then going to Tenants and clicking on Multi-Unit Credit Card?
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would really come down to your company settings. If you're settings allow you to hit the "finish" button on the move in process without taking a payment then you could go and move all the units in then pull them up to make one bulk payment.

If you are forced to take a payment, a trick we had with my old company was make a penny cash payment to get the move in finalized then work on the next until they were all done and then make the payment.
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried moving them into the units without entering the charge card - and then going to Tenants and clicking on Multi-Unit Credit Card?
    Orkocean said:
    It would really come down to your company settings. If you're settings allow you to hit the "finish" button on the move in process without taking a payment then you could go and move all the units in then pull them up to make one bulk payment.

If you are forced to take a payment, a trick we had with my old company was make a penny cash payment to get the move in finalized then work on the next until they were all done and then make the payment.

Both@i43storage  and@Orkocean are correct. You do have to move in each unit individually and then take a single payment for all units (or set up autobill using the Multi-Unit Credit Card option) but this is dependent on the facility's settings. It is possible to configure Sitelink to require a payment before you can complete a move in. 

• teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

An easy way to do  a linked "multi unit" move in is to tender/complete the 1st move in with a zero dollar amount cash payment. Sitelink will let you finish a move in w/o actually taking a payment (depending on your settings, see below). Then it's simple to move in the 2nd unit, complete it the same, and you can then go into the account and take payment for both units at the same time. If you want to add a C/C, or automatic payments go to Tenants, Multi unit Credit Card, and you can add the card to both units.

If your setup doesn't currently allow you to do this, the setting for "Allow Move Ins without taking a payment" is in Setup - Security Levels - Other

• storallgsa
    storallgsa Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Perfect! Thanks everyone!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads