Emails

jessicadunning
jessicadunning Registered User
We have GoDaddy for our emails, but we are needing to send more emails but not wanting to spend an arm and leg with GoDaddy.  What do you use to send emails?  Or should we suck it up and spend money with GoDaddy?  We are having to break up our invoices and credit cards (emailed receipts) into groups which is an inconvenience. Thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had the same issue when I came to this property as that's who they use. I got them switched over to an exchange 365 account through Microsoft which solved our issues. Why people use godaddy is beyond me.. ugh..
  • karen700
    karen700 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    we have been using Outlook/Sitelink...seems to work fine and no grouping involved...does mass emails well. I have no idea if we even get charged for emails...I just collect the rent...LOL!! :3
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outlook is the software, you still have a server that your emails actually go through. In my original case and her case it was godaddy which limits you. So many emails per 24 hour period and then you are literally cut off from emails until the 24hour period is over. If you have anything other than a mini sized store it's not enough to get everything done in a day email wise.
  • karen700
    karen700 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    WOW....I learn something new everyday! We have several properties but I run one of the smaller ones. Are emails that expensive?
  • Orkocean
    Nope, it's just certain providers are stingy and they use it as an "anti-spam" policy to ensure people don't register on their site and start sending thousands of emails out as spam. Almost every provider has a limit, it's just some are realistic while others are ridiculous.
  • jessicadunning
    Orkocean said:
    Had the same issue when I came to this property as that's who they use. I got them switched over to an exchange 365 account through Microsoft which solved our issues. Why people use godaddy is beyond me.. ugh..

Great, I will look into Exchange.  Thank you!
  • jessicadunning
    karen700 said:
    we have been using Outlook/Sitelink...seems to work fine and no grouping involved...does mass emails well. I have no idea if we even get charged for emails...I just collect the rent...LOL!! :3

We can currently send 250 emails (which has added relays) per day but we have some larger facilities and when we run 400 auto pays only 250 receipts go out to customers which can cause a huge inconvenience!  And then invoices for 1500 clients, phew that's a chore!

• Orkocean

My only issue still that even express click yes did not resolve was every email we have to wait 5 seconds and click the accept for the pop up. Havn't been able to get it to go away like I have in the past with simple fixes :\

• aschmitt
    aschmitt Registered User, Daily Operations Certified
    Express click yes will not work with Windows 10, Even the pro version you pay for. The Redemption.dll fix works if your version of Outlook is 32bit, but only until Microsoft sends down an update, sometimes for Office or sometimes Windows. But this fix also requires Admin sign in and disabling all security features in Outlook. Not good. We use Office 365 as well and I have been advised:
     "The management and maintenance of the using the Office 365 Exchange online server made that option undesirable. Even though that solution utilizes the Office 365 and accounts that are in place the other challenges make this undesirable. The issue starts with the labor to set each site up and then continues as each site would need to be managed for changes to passwords, updates to Office 365 that modify the way the service works, and troubleshooting/maintenance is complicated by the number accounts."
    The recommendation is to set up a separate SMTP email account for each site, which is unacceptable.
    It has been more than a year, there needs to be a solution that doesn't require clicking "allow" for mass emails. I do understand this is not solely for Sitelink to fix, MS Office needs to address it as well. I cant imagine the Storage industry is the only one to use a separate management software.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads