Separate payment between 2 units

ShareC13
ShareC13 Registered User
How do I go about dividing a payment already made between 2 units? I didn't click on one unit number and then the other when I received the payment and it all went to one unit. so one unit is paid for 2 months instead of both units paid for 1.

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easiest way if you have the access is just simply delete the payment and run it again. If it's a credit card you would need the information again. If it's cash/check you already have what you need. More complicated way would be to manually add a rent charge back to the one which was paid for 2 months and credit the other one to balance them out. 
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

If you haven't performed a close, delete the payment and reapply it.

If you have already performed a daily close you are going to have to do one of two things depending on your accounting people & permissions levels.

1. NSF the payment, then reapply it across the two units. Easy way to get around the "set in stone" thing a daily close creates. Make sure to uncheck the "add fees" & "add to number" when you do the NSF since its not actually a returned check!

2. You can use admin adjustments and credits to spread it across the units.

I usually do the NSF thing if it is 2 linked units. I'm sure there are other creative ways to do this, so wait and see who chimes in!

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep.... void the receipt and reapply... if it's CC you'll have to do as the others suggested and add and credit charges.
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orkocean said:
    Easiest way if you have the access is just simply delete the payment and run it again. If it's a credit card you would need the information again. If it's cash/check you already have what you need. More complicated way would be to manually add a rent charge back to the one which was paid for 2 months and credit the other one to balance them out. 

If you haven't performed a close, delete the payment and reapply it.

If you have already performed a daily close you are going to have to do one of two things depending on your accounting people & permissions levels.

1. NSF the payment, then reapply it across the two units. Easy way to get around the "set in stone" thing a daily close creates. Make sure to uncheck the "add fees" & "add to number" when you do the NSF since its not actually a returned check!

2. You can use admin adjustments and credits to spread it across the units.

I usually do the NSF thing if it is 2 linked units. I'm sure there are other creative ways to do this, so wait and see who chimes in!

• JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    If it was a credit card deleting a payment in SL doesn't delete the payment from the card.  Correct? 
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    JulieA said:
    If it was a credit card deleting a payment in SL doesn't delete the payment from the card.  Correct? 
    Yes @JulieA that's correct. Neither a void nor NSF reversal will remove the transaction from the credit card processor. During a void however, the user will receive a prompt asking if you'd like to refund the credit card. If chosen, the payment can be deleted and refunded all at once. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads