Customer is paying for several months with a discount

Robyn
Robyn Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
How do I accept payment on 4/1/18 for April, May and June rent and give them a discount?? It seems to just show me the date range of 4/1-4/30/19 as paid.  

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you don't have any discount plans defaulted into the program, you can just go to edit charges and payments, add the 3 months rent charges and then give the discount as a credit... 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    skinman said:
    if you don't have any discount plans defaulted into the program, you can just go to edit charges and payments, add the 3 months rent charges and then give the discount as a credit... 
    Agree.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Robyn
    Robyn Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    So for example..someone's rent is $59.00 a month. They get a %10 discount for the three months they are paying for.  When I apply a discount plan of %10 for 3 months, it is still showing the April rent at $59 and then it has added three additional months of rent at $53.10.  
    I attempted to remove the charge of $59 for Aprils rent but it wouldn't allow me.  
    How do I also change the date range as being paid from 4/1 - 6/30/18??
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

@Robyn If the current (Aprils) rent has already posted, you wont be able to apply a discount to it using the "dropdown menu" discounts/concessions.

Once rent has posted for a given month, discounts wont apply to it. The same applies to a completed move in if the discount wasn't applied during the move in process.

You will have to manually adjust (credit) Aprils rent, and delete the unwanted future months discount.

• Robyn
    Ok, so I can't figure out how to manually adjust (credit) Aprils rent.  
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would depend on if you're access rights allow you to perform credits or not. If they do when you goto the edit charges screen the box under the credit tab should be blue which means you can type in it allowing you to credit.
  • Robyn
    Thank you!!!!
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    skinman said:

@Robyn If the current (Aprils) rent has already posted, you wont be able to apply a discount to it using the "dropdown menu" discounts/concessions.

Once rent has posted for a given month, discounts wont apply to it. The same applies to a completed move in if the discount wasn't applied during the move in process.

You will have to manually adjust (credit) Aprils rent, and delete the unwanted future months discount.

Orkocean said:
    It would depend on if you're access rights allow you to perform credits or not. If they do when you goto the edit charges screen the box under the credit tab should be blue which means you can type in it allowing you to credit.

• Avrilsgranny
    Avrilsgranny Registered User
    this is just so inconvenient this way. Some of my customers mail a check and it doesn't get here before the first. The stand alone version was way superior in this because it would let me offer the discount for the current month. 
  • LinderISS
    LinderISS Registered User
    My issue is the complete discount list that we have defined shows in the reservation screen but does not show in my payment screen drop down menu.  Any solutions?
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be in the discount settings as they have option to be in "all screens / move in screen / payment screen". It sounds like they have it set to "move in screen" only.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads