Postpone Payment

Krista_Knudsen
Krista_Knudsen Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
We have a tenant who came in on 4/10 and wanted to move in on 5/1. He is also paying for 3 months at once. I know that you can move his move-in date to 5/1 and the gate code doesn't work till then, but is there any way to postpone payment? Can I take his card information now and then have it be charged on 5/1 for three months? He doesn't want to be auto billed. 
Tagged:

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can save the card info and not take a payment if that's what they want you to do.
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll have to set a reminder on your email and put a note on his payment screen if you want to charge 3 months at that time.... You will have to manually run the card for that amount.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had this happen to me.  Similar to Skinman's advice, I take the security deposit with the credit card right away.  Then I make a note in the calendar to run the card again on the actual start date for whatever amount of time they requested.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe i'm misreading the question, if so ignore me :)    When doing a pre-lease, in your case for 5-1 you could take the payment then and the tenant is only paying from when their lease actually starts and you could take the 3 month payment then. Unless your tenant just does not want to pay until 5-1 and then wants to pay the 3 months upfront but i'm assuming if they are wanting to pay 3 months up front they aren't in a $$ shortage situation and it wouldn't hurt them to pay it ahead of time when they do their paperwork for the pre-lease.  

Otherwise if that's the case as skinman said you could just set a reminder. If you use outlook you can set a reminder in it so you get a pop up reminder that day, in sitelink you could set a reminder that populates on your bulletin board.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

@Orkoceanhas it.

That is exactly how I would do it. And that's how I'm reading the question too.

Unless you mean the customer doesn't want the payment going through until the future/actual move in date as well.

Just to simplify things I would just say the payment must be made ahead of time as condition of future move in date. Do the move in, setting the move in date to what the customer wants, then add the extra months they want to prepay.

The only thing to remember is once the move-in date is set to the future, the account will not be active until that date. If customer changes their mind and wants to move in earlier, there's no way to shift it back (that I know of)... that includes GATE access too.

• skinman
    I was assuming since this was posted on the 11th... the events already occurred and the tenant doesn't want to pay until the 1st.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads