Posting multiple payments as Ach using 1 check

L_Greenwell
L_Greenwell Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
Why can't we post multiple payments as Ach the same as we do c/c? I have several customers who pay for multiple units using one check. I have to put each payment in separately. One customer has 6 units.

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused as to whether you mean actual ACH or bank drafted checks... Are you linking multiple units for tenant's together so it's one account?
  • L_Greenwell
    L_Greenwell Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Units are paid with an actual check that they drop in night box. I process as ach. I tried to click all units and pay like a c/c but it will not let me.
  • L_Greenwell
    Units are linked but do have different due dates.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in skinman's boat as i'm confused as well now. If they are dropping a physical check in a drop box, why are you processing it as ACH and not as check? I've never been at a site where we use ACH so maybe i'm misguided on how it works but I thought that ACH was for directly pulling from someones bank account via banking information. 
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    ACH is actually submitted as a processed withdraw from their banking account. Usually an authorized ACH form is filled out by the tenant and they supply avoided check. We use a 3rd party, but they are still marked as ach as an offline payment. As Ork stated, regular checks should be processed as an actual check payment.Not an ACH.
  • skinman
    @L_Greenwell, How are you even doing that? If someone mails a check do you go into ledger settings and edit auto bill so they populate your ACH list?
  • L_Greenwell
    edited April 2018
    Any check can be processed as ach. shift control H?  My customers prefer to bring in a check and have it processed that day.
  • websterb
    websterb Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    I think you guys are misunderstanding L. Greenwell's question. Her question is why can't a ACH payment be processed on multiple units under ALL on the payment screen instead of having to click on each individual unit and apply the ACH payment, like you can do with a credit card payment on tenant's with multiple units. This facility also processes hand written, mailed, placed in drop box or brought into the office paper check's as an ACH withdrawal which is allowed by Site Link and our ACH processor. This saves the hassle of keeping track of paper check's to take to the bank for actual deposit. We add ours on the payment screen using the drop down payment option feature.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotcha.. would have to wait for someone with ACH enabled and experience using it to answer probably. My old company we would deposit checks the same day but even then it wasn't via ach, we had our own check scanners linked to the bank we used for that company and would run them ourselves at the end of each day.
  • skinman
    I never said reading comprehension was my forte...... Thanks @websterb
  • websterb
    websterb Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    @Sue_Community can a Site Link Representative possibly address this?
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @websterb I've asked customer support to take a look at this thread, stay tuned...
  • Garrett_Boone
    Garrett_Boone SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Hello all,

SiteLink has a "Get Returns" feature that allows the user to run a check for any ACH payments that did not clear, and automatically reverse them. Since a payment cannot be partially reversed, ACH payments must be posted individually. This allows the automatic reversal process to be carried out unit by unit. 
  • websterb
    Thanks @Garrett_Boone and Sue_Community, The lingering question from  L_Greenwell and myself can finally be put to rest. I totally understand why now. Thanks!
  • L_Greenwell
    Thank you @Garrett_Boone for your response. I understand the reason behind this now. Also thanks to @Sue_Community and @websterb for the help.
  • MrFugate
    MrFugate Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Units are paid with an actual check that they drop in night box. I process as ach. I tried to click all units and pay like a c/c but it will not let me.

Why would you use ACH If you have a "live "check in your hand ? you should have a check option in the payment screen. IF customers units are linked when we do AutoPay via CC ( I have to do them one customer at a time, CC not set up in Sitellink right now ) If the card is not in all of the units as an Auto pay card it will not show up on some unit payment options, but it will show up if All units are selected.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads