Form Setup / Formatting question

teamcapitola
teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

I wanted to add our Sales Policy to the bottom of our printed/emailed Sitelink receipts; I added the text to the existing receipt form in Setup. My problem is I don't know how to keep the text "pinned" to the bottom of the page.

I can get it close, but it still prints around 3 inches up from the bottom; if I space it all the way to the bottom, then it will generate/print another page if the receipt has too many lines.

My OCD Virgo mind is ready to explode because I know there's got to be a way, and it's going to be super obvious. (or I just have to accept that this is really not that big of a deal)

So, any Form Masters out there with super secret decoder ring formatting tricks?

Tagged:

Comments

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @teamcapitola  I feel your pain. 
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • janiceD
    janiceD Registered User
    what about adding it as a footer?
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @janiceD - That would work.... Unfortunately I do not see any options for Header/Footer in the form setup, and no import function (from Word for instance) .
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I looked into this a little bit and got a tip from some power form users here. @teamcapitola, you're correct, there is not an option to add a footer or a header, but you can use a workaround, sort of a trial and error:

1. Place the text as low as you want
    2. Move to the next line and click Insert > Pagebreak.

It will look like this:
    [whatever your text is]
    #pb

That tells the form that it's the end of the page. So if the text is low enough, it would be the last line of the actual page when printed. When you print it you can tell if you need to move everything up or down a line to get it in the right spot. 
    Good luck! And let us know if it works for what you need :)
  • Storageinasnapp
    Storageinasnapp Registered User ✭✭✭
    I feel your pain @teamcapitola  
    Thank you for the insight, Sue!
  • teamcapitola

@sue_Community -  Thank you for looking into this!

I tried the PB method, however it doesn't seem to affect the issue. with normal receipts (just a few lines) I got it perfect, if their are a lot of line items it'll print on the 2nd page regardless of the PB; I've just settled for the text being in the lower quarter of the page 90% of the time and moving on.

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you found something workable and moved on :)

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads