There needs to be a way to send a tenant who rents multiple units only 1 lease to E-sign

MegumiM
MegumiM Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
I've had several tenants call wanting to do E-sign but rent multiple units. I have to send each individual unit separately. It would be nice to be able to put all the units on one lease with their sizes and rates. Another suggestion would be for SiteLink to set it up where you can send multiple leases through a single link so you only have to send one email.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MegumiM! This question comes up a lot, yes it would seem to make sense (and save paper too) to have just one lease for a bunch of units rented by the same person.

The reason we have it like this is because in many states it is required by law to have a separate lease for each rented unit. Some states may allow you to compile into one lease, but then what happens if the tenant moves out of just of unit, does the lease become invalid? We feel it's best to keep individual leases for each unit. And because they are created and managed individually, the links have to be separate. 
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

@MegumiM -- Sue is right about some states requiring separate leases.

I also have had several Real Estate lawyers (with S.S.A. legal) agree that each unit should always have a separate contract regardless of what (your) state requires.

Think as if you rented 2 apartments from the same rental agency; I guarantee they will have 2 separate contracts for you to sign.

You can still link the units together, invoice them together, pay them together etc. but each one needs a separate written contract (Prima Facie evidence)

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    @MegumiM You also would want to consider how you would handle the tenant moving out of one unit but keeping the remaining units.  Having separate leases for each unit is much cleaner. 

You could cut and paste the edocument links into one email, but that seems like more work than simply hitting the send button for each lease.
    B)
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • MichelleM
    MichelleM Registered User
    As a Relief Manager with 5 months in- I'm still learning how to do an E-lease. I have great trainers but, I get frustrated at times, How do you know the person your emailing all this info to (no visual contact) is the person who is actually renting the Unit?? Any pointers from the Vets?
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MichelleM I would only be emailing the elease to the email address on file. 
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Jeffrey_Buller
    Jeffrey_Buller Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭

I understand your concern, we require them to send us a photo of their drivers license.  This usually stops most of the nonsense.
  • L_Greenwell
    L_Greenwell Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    I agree with Sue. It  would be a mess if they moved out of one of the units. We require a separate lease for each unit. Keeps paperwork legal and organized.
  • jdgade
    jdgade Registered User
    This could also speak to "Transfers".  A new lease with the new unit number needs to be generated to be sure everything is in order - for many of the same reasons mentioned previously.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads