Can we transfer refund to non linked units?

Options
ASPTU
ASPTU Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭
I have some tenants with multiple units that wish not to be linked.  Is there a way to transfer a refund to another unit that again is not linked?  Thank you kindly

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe they have to be linked, but am not 100% positive on that as we link multiple units for the same tenant. Hopefully someone else will chime in.
  • MegumiM
    MegumiM Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    The only way I can think of is to manually credit the refund to the other unit. Then just dismiss the refund as unowed. In the reason just put that it was applied to another unit.
    I'd call Sitelink to check, there could be a much easier way. It could be one of their hidden features.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As they said above, gotta be linked or done via manual crediting. Techinically if you're THAT against crediting it you could link them, transfer the amount then unlink them back.
  • ASPTU
    ASPTU Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭
    Options
    That is what I figured, i just thought i'd ask.  Thank you all!!!! Have a great day
  • bharatb
    bharatb Registered User
    Options
    There is a way!. Go to>'Company'> 'Setup'> 'Units & Tenants'> 'Edit Charges & Payments'. Search for the account with the refund remaining. If the account with the refund is a moved out account, then uncheck 'Show Only Current Tenants'. now select account with the refund. Click 'Transfer Payment to Another Unit'. It will then prompt you to select the account which you are looking to put the refund in... then follow the steps to confirm. Hope this helps :-)
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I usually process the refund as cash to the tenant then make a cash payment on the 2nd unit, making good notes in both accounts. 
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @bharatb - This describes taking the last payment made on that account and moving it to another unit. This is usually done when the original payment was made on the wrong unit (e.g. similar tenant name or unit name). Unfortunately, this is not the same as taking a generated refund from one unit and moving that to another. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I usually process the refund as cash to the tenant then make a cash payment on the 2nd unit, making good notes in both accounts. 
    That's what I usually do as well.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options

A way to transfer any payment to another unit is  to go to Adjustments --> Ledger Adjustments --> Locate the unit & then the payment. Click "transfer payment to another unit"

Now you can do it with a refund, but you have to apply that refund to the account first (to whatever account it was originally). Then you can transfer it as a payment to another unit. 

Also easy way to fix a payment applied to the wrong unit/account even after a daily close.

Note:  you cannot split the transferred payment between multiple linked units, it has to go only to one single unit.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads