Email warning message

Depot1
Depot1 Registered User
Every email I send with SiteLink on Outlook gives me the "A program is trying to send an email..." message.   I've made the necessary changes in Outlook, but to no avail.

A while back I had SiteLink support fix it for me, but now, after a SiteLink update a while back...it's doing it again and it is annoying.

Any ideas to make it go away?
Tagged:

Comments

• GradyB
    GradyB Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭

We've all had this issue at one time or another.  We use Office 365 so we had to use a program called "Express Click Yes" (in administrator mode) that would keep that message from popping up.

And then Sitelink finally came up with a solution called "The Redemption Email Fix".  Just call Sitelink and ask them for that fix and they'll take care of it.  And be sure that both Outlook and Sitelink are running in Administrator mode.  That should solve that pesky annoyance.

• westport_IT
    westport_IT Registered User
    Hi GrabyB,

I've had that "Redemption Email Fix" applied to various sites in our company by SiteLink techs.  Can you post or have the procedure included in the FAQ and Resources section so we can do it ourselves?  I have had to resort to switching email settings from Outlook to SMTP just to get emails from SiteLink working again.

We use Outlook 2013 and 2016, if that makes a difference as well.
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, we're working on getting this info posted. This will be a great resource for all. Thanks for the suggestion and stay tuned...
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it was so fun whenever we needed to bug you to get it fixed westport_it :D

I've always had express click yes solve it when it has been an issue, with my latest site it's never popped up needing any fixes for that issue. The only issue we have is trying to send email via sitelink with Windows 10, is there a work around for that by chance?
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    So, good news! The Redemption Fix document is posted in our FAQs. Click here to jump to the FAQ. Click on the file at the end of the post called "CustomerOutlookRedemptionFix" to download the word doc.

The fix is fairly technical but you may want to give it a shot if you're having these kinds of issues. Tech support (919-865-0789 option 2) is also happy to walk through this with you.

@Orkocean, I've heard good things from Tech support about the ClickYes app, I'm glad it works for you :) For your Windows 10 issue, you may need to call tech support so they can look at the details.

• alaskanb3arcub
    alaskanb3arcub Registered User
    So, good news! The Redemption Fix document is posted in our FAQs. Click here to jump to the FAQ. Click on the file at the end of the post called "CustomerOutlookRedemptionFix" to download the word doc.
    (Un)fortunately, not everyone uses recent versions of MS Word, if they use it at all.  If I might make a couple suggestions:

1) Make the file available in a more readable/compatible format(such as RTF or PDF).  The file does NOT open well in OpenOffice, for example.  This would not be as much of an issue if it were in a early version of .doc(Office 2k3 or earlier).

2) Please include readable screen shots of fix implementation in Windows 10.

Is there an ETA on a more permanent fix?
  • Sue_C
    Hello @alaskanb3arcub! I reached out to tech support about an ETA for a permanent fix. Looks like the only way is to switch to SMTP and stop using Outlook. As long as you are using Outlook, Microsoft will be pushing out periodic updates that we have no control over. And these updates can cause this problem to reoccur. Hope this helps. 
  • alaskanb3arcub
    alaskanb3arcub Registered User
    edited August 2017
    Except, unless this has been hiding somewhere, SiteLink does not seem to support Secure Password Authentication, complete with security certificate, which my provider requires for smtp/imap access.  If this functionality could be added, we could completely back away from reliance on Outlook, which had to be purchased seperately to get email functionality(and whose interface I do not like).  For reference, here is the outlook email configuration guide for my provider, and it is a multiple stage process: https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/215837838-Outlook-2013-configuration
  • Sue_C
    @alaskanb3arcub, please pm me with your best contact info if that's ok, a conversation might be best. I'll follow up here with a post for everyone on how this was resolved. Thanks.
  • Eric_Lewis
    Eric_Lewis Registered Moderator, Community Manager, SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified marketplace moderator
    alaskanb3arcub,

Thanks for your time on the phone today.   SMTP is a much easier setup requiring only SMTP Address, Port, Username, and Password.  Glad to hear SMTP is working for you now.  Let us know if you need assistance in the future.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads