How do I create and send out just one invoice for a tenant with multiple units

How do I create and send out just one invoice for a tenant with multiple units 

Answers

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure you can create one that lists all of the units on one... You can manually create one for each unit however.
  • MegumiM
    MegumiM Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    If you have the units under one account it should automatically generate an invoice with all their units. If you are wanting to manually create one then you can only do them one unit at a time. What I'll do at times is just manually create a invoice for just one unit, then open up the invoice in the tenant's account and manually enter the other units and select to print or email.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

If the units are linked, and if they all have the same due date/ same invoice date, then everything should go out on one invoice.

If you have linked units, but the units have different due dates, you will have to match the invoice day for both units (by adjusting "invoice days before due")

if that makes any sense...

• AWSS7505
    AWSS7505 Registered User
    OK Thanks, it looked as though there would be a letter or email for each unit but there was only one sent.
  • jcatt
    jcatt Registered User

FYI, if a tenant has multiply units all under their name, the new monthly invoice will have all the units on one invoice as long as they are linked; however, when late fees are generated to a tenant who has multiply units, each unit for that tenant receives individual late invoices.  
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Users can link units to the same tenant by following the steps below:
    1. Click Company
    2. Click Utilities
    3. Press CTRL + SHIFT + T(all 3 keys at the same time). This reveals the "Move Ledger to Another Tenant" button
    4. Click Move Ledger to Another Tenant
    5. Select the unit on the left
    6. Select the correct tenant on the right. (Note: If the tenant names are the same use the Gate Code column to choose the correct name)
    7. Click Transfer and verify the information in the prompt is correct before clicking "OK"
    8. Click Close to exit the Transfer Lease screen
    9. Verify linking the units together was successful by confirming that the units show together on the Payments screen
  • spacesaver
    spacesaver Registered User
    Fantastic! Thank you!!
  • MiBOXNJ
    MiBOXNJ Registered User ✭✭
    Just hung up with the call center after holding for 18 minutes. I have a linked account with 30 units. All set to bill on 1st of month. But Sitelink is still generating 30 invoices... how do I get one invoice for all units on a monthly basis.  Any ideas what im missing on my ledger settings.
  • dbudgen
    dbudgen Registered User ✭✭✭
    Sitelink will still generate an invoice for each individual unit to be placed under the invoicing tab, but all units will be on each of those invoices. It's so that if they move out of one of the units you don't lose the invoice for the other units on the account.
  • UstorGreenway
    UstorGreenway Registered User
    edited March 2022
    One unit has a credit so they are not due technically the same day as the other.  So that invoice will generate/populate in a few more days because it is set at 15 days till due.  So, I adjusted the 15 days so that it would generate a invoice today for the unit with the credit and it did.  NOW, is there a way to add both units on  one invoice like he normally receives?  
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @UstorGreenway. If both units show together in the "Invoice" screen and if clicking any one of the unit's checkboxes in the list selects all of them simultaneously, then the invoice will have all units combined.

If checking one of the boxes in the list does not check the other unit(s) as well, then one of the following is likely true:
    • The tenant records are not the same (though they may appear to have the same name.) This is easy to check as the units will come up separately in the Payments screen.
    • The due dates are different. An invoice can only have one due date and so it will combine all units with the same due date. Due dates can be different either because they have different anniversaries or if the "partial payment paid-thru date" setting is active in Program Defaults.
    We suspect that the last condition here is the issue you're experiencing. If so, you can temporarily turn off partial paid-thru dates to get the due dates in sync, process the invoice, then re-enable.

If you'd like us to walk you through this, we'd be happy to do so too -- 919-865-0789, Option 2. Thank you!
  • UstorGreenway
    UstorGreenway Registered User
    OK.. Thank you.  so once the invoices have generated you can not combine into one invoice correct?
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    @UstorGreenway go into invoices, unpaid tab.  Click on the name to see if all units get a check mark.  If not, I would preview the one with the most checks,  copy and past into word and go back to the lone invoice and copy and past those charges.  With word you can adjust the totals and then save as PDF to send to tenant. 
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @UstorGreenway. We just wanted to add that manually combining invoices in a word processor is possible as a last resort if the setting changes mentioned do not combine the units for invoicing as needed.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads