Transfer to another unit without charging?

sdgr35
sdgr35 Registered User ✭✭
I had a tenant that I moved in over the phone into a 5x10 2 nights ago at $ $65. Yesterday at 4 p.m. she called and left a voicemail and said that she couldn't get in because it looked like someone backed into the door and the handle was stuck and would not open and she was sitting there with a truck with her furniture and had to have the truck back by 8 p.m. .

Well I did not get her message until 7 p.m. as I was unavailable. So I quickly called her and the only thing we had available was a 10 x10 which was supposed to be $100. So I told her that you can go ahead and move into it at the price she paid.  she was very upset because we had no other 5x10s so I said I would offer her the $100 one for $85  starting April 1st because that's all we had available. She was happy with that. Our conversation was quick because I wanted her to be able to get her stuff moved in and be able to return her truck as she only had an hour left . She also came from our competitors facility. 

So now I'm not sure how to transfer her from one unit to the other without charging the extra amount for the unit. And also change the amount that she will be paying from 100 to 85 every month. I have only been using sitelink for 8 months without much training. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

Comments

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi!  When this happens to me, I simply give them a credit for that remaining first month for any additional rent due.  As far as future rent, you should be able to change the rent rate during move-in to the new one.  If you have already moved them in before changing the rent, you can simply change the rent of the unit in the Ledger settings.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • sdgr35
    sdgr35 Registered User ✭✭
    She already paid to move in, in the amount of $65 so when I transfer her to a bigger unit in the system which is going to cost $85 it's going to automatically charge for the difference when I told her I would not charge her more when I transferred her to a bigger unit because of the inconvenience of the door not opening. She is set on auto pay how do I avoid any additional costs during the transfer.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I don't know how you can avoid any additional charge - but you can give her a credit for that additional charge after the transfer.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you do a transfer in a case like this... when you get to the transfer page at the top right there is a box that says " new rate", under the unit they are transferring to. Simply change the rate to what your giving it to them for when an instance like this happens. Once you click outside of that box, it will automatically recalculate the transfer amounts to the rate you entered in there.
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    it will then show as applied credits with a total due of "0". Then the rate is already set moving forward.

then set a rate change after
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't transferred her yet, and don't want to issue credits, you could always change the rate of the new unit to the same rate as the old.... and then set the new $85 rate to start 4-1 in ledger settings.  I personally would issue the credit in the payment screen at the transfer, under edit charges & payments.  And make notes!! 
  • brownrooster
    brownrooster Registered User ✭✭✭
    just had to do this same thing.  I did exactly what Anita and Skinman suggested.  Worked like a charm.  If you need additional help, message me and we can connect via phone and I will step you through it.  One Caveat.  make sure your superiors are okay with you futzing with rates and/or credits.  My company is very credit averse and my butt gets put through the ringer every time I offer one.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads